chrjohnson05
ViceRegent

Should Pornography be banned?

Started: 3/21/2016 Category: Movies

chrjohnson05

Con

I believe pornography is a good method of pleasure for teens to young adults, to experience the thrill of sex, without jumping into it first hand, without experience. It is a great experience because... Some nights I want to picture rocking the bed with a (BBW) or maybe having an orgy with my "step-mom" & her friend, without actually having to obtain these. Everyone should be able to experience the feeling of pleasure, even the ones who are not particularly able to get into the bed with someone. Seeing a similar argument on my dashboard makes me question why someone would propose pornography being banned in the first place? Thank you for reviewing this content.
ViceRegent

Pro

Do you have something other than your subjective hedonism?

I believe child pornography is a good method of pleasure for teens to young adults, to experience the thrill of sex, without jumping into it first hand, without experience. It is a great experience because... Some nights I want to picture rocking the bed with a (BBW) or maybe having an orgy with my young "step-daughter" & her friend, without actually having to obtain these. Everyone should be able to experience the feeling of pleasure, even the ones who are not particularly able to get into the bed with someone. Seeing a similar argument on my dashboard makes me question why someone would propose pornography being banned in the first place? Thank you for reviewing this content.
chrjohnson05

Con

chrjohnson05 forfeited this round.
chrjohnson05

Con

chrjohnson05 forfeited this round.
Posted by zacrell 8 months ago
zacrell
8 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
So there ya have it! It's a sin! Yes!
Posted by Aguilajoyce 8 months ago
Aguilajoyce
What both parties seem to be excluding is the drive behind fantasy/desire, i.e., to realize said fantasy. Disney world was once a mere figment
When that end is a distortion of reality...the person, with enough absorption, will ultimately move to make it a reality. This is why the old adage goes 'your thoughts condemn you'. So it isn't just while-ing the way the hours until you find someone. It is constructing/reinforcing a belief in your head, an idea...which is the basis of reality... Consider the belief in a God...though unseen/unsubstantiated empirically, it is nonetheless quite real to millions of believers....
Posted by TheChamp 8 months ago
TheChamp
So confused!?!?!?!?!?! Is that the same guy?
Posted by Alain.Ginger 8 months ago
Alain.Ginger
Yes, one's subjective hedonism isn't anywhere near a legitimate argument.
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 8 months ago
WhineyMagiciann5
It shouldn't since freedom if speech and stuff but cons first argument is just really, really, really weird
Posted by Shamoo2 8 months ago
Shamoo2
Wait who is against it and who is for it?
Vote Placed by Greg4586 8 months ago
Greg4586
chrjohnson05ViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious conduct to pro for forfeiture Now let's analyze the arguments, first off I'm going to say to Con your arguments are very very weird and I would not recommend arguing them in a debate ever again. There are some good arguments within that such as that you can satisfy the need to do things that are deemed messed up without having to engage in an act deemed immoral. It's a little difficult to analyze Pro's arguments as they are very ironic and sarcastic. What I have as arguments for Con are pleasure for people, and acting on immoral desires without actually doing the immoral act. What I have for Con is that porn (child porn) can be very messed up. However the problem with Con's arguments is that I don't see how the fact that many instances of porn are not ok as a reason to ban ALL of porn altogether which makes me regrettably have to vote for Con.
Vote Placed by SirMaximus 8 months ago
SirMaximus
chrjohnson05ViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited 2 rounds, and Pro forfeited no rounds. Therefore, Pro wins for conduct.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 8 months ago
dsjpk5
chrjohnson05ViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro.