KJVPrewrather
Shanor

Should President Trump lead the offensive against North Korea without consulting allies?

KJVPrewrather has forfeited round #5.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

KJVPrewrather

Con

I think this is a bad idea to go to war without enlisting the allies due to the lost of life, the economy, and other negative effects of war. Torture will happen, and many enemies might attack us.
Shanor

Pro

I accept, now post your argument.
KJVPrewrather

Con

This is what I think the President should due, save for a direct threat of attack: Enlist allies, invite Kim to the table, and try diplomatic options first. If that fails, get Constitutional approval first, get allies involved, then go to war. War should always be a last resort.
Shanor

Pro

(Enlist allies, invite Kim to the table, and try diplomatic options first.) Already happened in the Korean war, it did not work and because of both country's leaders have a god complex it will not work out sadly. And when North Korea finally HAD to make a peace treaty they immediately started breaking the terms, showing just how untrustworthy they are.

(If that fails, get Constitutional approval first, get allies involved, then go to war.) One, there is no such thing as constitutional approval, go through the specific way to start the war so I have something to talk about. Two, there is no way to know what are allies would think of it so relying on them would be risky, and three, we do not want to declare war immediately. Rather we should surprise them and take the borders as to make sure they do not attack civilians.

(War should always be a last resort.) No, war should be used when it is the smartest tactic. Adding morality to strategy will only cause problems. The goal is to complete an objective while losing the least amount of life in the process. Not to be right.
KJVPrewrather

Con

He has to get congressional approvsl first, unless an attack is imminent, and calling him little rocket man is childish. Is this a dick size contest?
Shanor

Pro

CONGRESIONAL, not constitutional. Thank you for clairifying. And I said nothing about either of them other than they have god complexes. Which it does not take much time to figure out. Now are you going to rebuke my points, or will you complain about nothing.
KJVPrewrather

Con

I'm concerned about the loss of life. I don't want to die.
Shanor

Pro

1. REALLY. Not many people want to die and very few want others. If it would be the best decision then it should happen, done.

2. Don't put in sentences. Debate my points if you have nothing else. It is just common sense. I even am labeling them with numbers now.

3. This debate has so much more to it than just morality, there are economics, politics, and social points to make. And there are way more then just those. Choose something other than morality next time we debate to talk about.
Posted by Alexander2637 2 weeks ago
Alexander2637
cakerman, I agree.
Posted by kurtangle 2 weeks ago
kurtangle
In general I don't think there should be a military offensive at all. There would be a huge loss of life just within the first half hour, what with South Korea being in range of North Korean weapons. I'm not sure how someone would argue this without devaluing human life. Yes, we might crush North Korea eventually, but is that worth millions and millions of innocent civilian lives?
Posted by cakerman 2 weeks ago
cakerman
The only problem with that is China, besides that North Korea holds no opposition against the massive force of the United States military.