Azul145
GeorgiaAshley

Should Private Schools Require Uniforms?

Azul145

Azul145

Pro

School uniforms are a very important part of private education. I have 3 main points and just one of them would win this debate for me.
(1) Bullying
(2) Focus
(3) Gang colors

For bullying,I personally know people that get bullied for their clothes all the time. They can't afford name brands like the popular kids so they get bullied for it. The rich kids can afford all these designer brands and expensive outfits but the main objective of school is learning. When kids are distracted by things like this they can't focus and what they are actually at school for. This leads to my second main point Focus. If you can't focus at school because you are worried about your clothes you have a problem. The point of school is to be in a safe environment where you can grow and learn. You can't do this if you are busy worrying about what your best friend is wearing today. And my last point gang colors. Gang colors distinguish different gangs and there can be violence because of this. This can cause drive by shootings or just people getting beat up. Yes you can form gangs in private schools, but their are no specific colors so it is harder for violence to occur. This has happened in my home town of Chicago and my current town of Atlanta. It happens all the time if you check often enough you will see it on local news. We can avoid violence and bullying in schools if we just have uniforms. Whoever my opponent may be I wish you good luck and Thank You. :D
GeorgiaAshley

Con

Freedom. When you get to a certain age you have the right to make several choices and decisions. Children should be allowed the freedom of wearing mufti clothes to school despite the issue of bullying, gang colors and so on. You need to stand up by yourself and if you are affected by the clothes you wear you are clearly not a very strong person. Also about the point you made... Focus, you should be able to focus anyways unless of course you have a very short attention span and small ability to remain working despite the fact you are sitting a class with children wearing different clothes...
Azul145

Pro

Okay you are basically calling people that get bullied weak. "If a person doesn't stand up for themselves they are obviously not a strong person" That is not fair that you assume that because some people do stand up but the bullies don't care. When you refuted my Focus point you said it isn't hard to focus with regular clothes. If you are a subject to bullying then you won't be focusing as much on your studies as you would about what you would be wearing. You never refuted my gang colors point so I think this debate is in my favor. Somebody in West Jordan Utah just committed suicide on Wednesday November 28th. He wrote a note that said he "couldn't take the stress of being bullied because of clothes." When you said that kids should make their own choices this comes together with maturity. Bullying has nothing to do with how mature you are. Yes kids should make their own choices but this is true in life decisions. I think you have lost round 1 because of your lack of refutation and strong facts that tie in with your main points. Thank You
GeorgiaAshley

Con

I disagree wholeheartedly with your opinion.
Before I carry on, I think you need to know that this particular debate is about school uniforms NOT bullying.

I am not calling people who get bullied weak. I am just saying that you shouldn't let other people's opinions on your clothing affect your learning
Surely you understand that? Or maybe even relate to it?

Gang colors? Really? I live in NZ so I wouldn't know.

I think I have won this round due to your lack of relativity to the argument.
Azul145

Pro

No you haven't won. Your argument is very weak and my points definitely go into the uniforms. I'm sorry you don't know how to respond to gang colors but that is your own fault. Bullying does go with this debate because bullying is 30 percent higher in schools without uniforms that schools with them. You haven't given any good arguments and you are ignorant to the topic.
GeorgiaAshley

Con

Here are some points I have that work in my favor:

Uniforms ultimately cost more
Uniforms do not teach children how to deal with people who are different then themselves.
Cliques will still form.
It is impossible to prevent all outside intrusion
Children will still ask for designer labels for outside of school clothing. (Uniforms will not make this issue go away.)
If you need uniforms to distinguish between public and catholic/private schools it's time to re-evaluate where your child is going.
Uniforms teach children that in order to get along everyone must conform to the same standards.
So there.

One thing you need to know is people are still going to find one way or another to tease each other.
Whether it is about:
hair style
hair color
height
weight
accessories (ie necklaces, watches and etc.)
odor (type of perfume/colon and etc.)...

Maybe you are not as accurate in your theory as you think you are?
Posted by Azul145 4 years ago
Azul145
That was sneaky and unfair what con did. You can't save your best arguments until the end!!!!!!!!!
Posted by fieoiosdoi 4 years ago
fieoiosdoi
Hi buddy :

HOT SELL Product Brand is below: ==== ( http://www.fullmalls.com... ) =====
,nike shoes,air jordan shoes,nike s h o x shoes,gucci shoes ,true religion jeans, ed hardy jeans,coogi jeans,affliction
jeans, Laguna Beach Jeans,ed hardy T-shirts,Coogi T-shirts,Christian Audigier T-shirts,Gucci T-shirts,Polo T-shirts,coach
handbag,gucci handbag,prada handbag,chanel handbag .
free shipping
New to Hong Kong : Winter Dress
New era cap $9
Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33
Nike s h o x(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33
Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $33
Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16
Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30
Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $12
Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $18
Come back tomorrow for another Daily Dose of Style! Bookmark this page >>
give you the unexpected harvest

==== ( http://www.fullmalls.com... ) =====

==== ( http://www.scnshop.com... ) =====

Recommended today Nike:

Name: LeBron 9.5-2

http://www.fullmalls.com...
Posted by GeorgiaAshley 4 years ago
GeorgiaAshley
Please vote for me :)
Vote Placed by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
Azul145GeorgiaAshleyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro and con used no sources. Con spelled cologne wrong(colon is his spelling). Georgia called bullies weak and I take offense to that because I was bullied. Georgia also stated victory even though the debate wasn't over. Mitt Romney only wrote a victory speech before the election, and look what happened to him. For these reasons, and Pro's more convincing arguments, Pro should win the debate.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Azul145GeorgiaAshleyTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro's argument that school uniforms can fight bullying isnt proven with any kind of evidence, but con didnt dispute that so the argument stood. Also con pleaded ignorance about gang colors ebcause of where he lives, which isnt a valid excuse to dismiss the argument completely. This left many of pro's arguments unrefuted, and was enough to ultimately win the debate. I give arguments to the pro, and I give conduct to the pro as well because con introduced several new arguments in the final round when pro couldnt respond to them which is a massive conduct violation....... Sources and grammar I left at a tie...... Pretty dreadful debate, I give it 1 out of 4 stars
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
Azul145GeorgiaAshleyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Bullying point by PRO is valid - CON argues that those who are bullied are weak (of course they are, that's why they are bullied). PRO's argument: Bullying negatively affects studies, differences in clothes increases bullying, therefore lack of uniforms negatively affects studies. CON attempts to argue that clothes should not affect learning without addressing PRO's argument. CON also concedes point about gang colors. CON makes good points in his closing statement, but I consider it poor form to introduce new information at the end of the debate without giving your opponent a chance to respond. Therefore, conduct vote goes to PRO. PRO's argument was somewhat difficult to follow and at times inconsistent, but in the end his points were not adequately refuted by CON. Advice to both of you, try to cite some sources for your arguments, it lends more credibility to your argument. I ignored "bullying is 30 percent higher in schools without uniforms" because there was no source.