missbailey8
Lexus

Should Prostitution Be Legal?

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

missbailey8

Pro

I'll be arguing that prostitution should be legal. My opponent will be arguing that prostitution should be illegal.

Structure:

Round 1 - Opening Statements from Con
Round 2 - Rebuttals from Pro, Defense from Con
Round 3 - Opening Statements from Pro, Rebuttals from Con
Round 4 - Defense from Pro, Con Must Waive

Rules:
1) No hate speech/ slander
2) No kritkiks
3) No plagiarism
4) No new arguments in final round
5) Please use citations
6) No forfeiture
7) No trolls
8) BoP is shared

Voting Rules:
1) Vote Convincing Arguments
2) Only vote conduct if plagiarism, forfeiture, and/or slander is present
3) Only vote spelling and grammar if it's so poor it detracts from the arguments at hand

Terms:

Should - must; ought (used to indicate duty, propriety, orexpediency)

Prostitution - the act or practice of engaging in sexualintercourse for money.

Be - to exist or live

Legal - permitted by law; lawful

Comment if you're interested. Thank you.
Lexus

Con

I accept with the knowledge that the only rules that apply are those that are listed above.

My case, for sake of adaptability, will be a one-off style of Poetics.
missbailey8

Pro

My opponent broke the very rules I constructed this debate upon. I wanted a serious debater, not someone who would disobey those rules. Also, note the message at the bottom of the page:

"Comment if you're interested. Thank you."

My opponent never did this. He just accepted without my permission.

For my opponent's next round, I ask him to waive, as he went against my rules. I hope my opponent takes this request. Thank you.
Lexus

Con

I commented more than 24 hours before my opponent made their second round argument ... I was interested, and I commented, so I don't see why they can't forward an argument.

And a pre-empt to their understanding of the structure, my acceptance was my 'opening statement' from the Con side.

It's not my fault that my opponent doesn't understand how the site works for making debates operate -- don't penalise me because they didn't say I couldn't accept. I legitimately wanted to debate this, that's why I had forwarded what my argument fleshed-out will be.
missbailey8

Pro

My opponent claims he did comment about accepting the debate. If you look at the actual comments of the debate, you'll see the following from my opponent:

"Hey, could you please post the aff sooner than later? I like a quicker moving round than a slow one (I prefer 12 hour response times, but sometimes we all fall behind)." This was made after they accepted my debate. They didn't comment that they were interested in debating with me, they just commented telling me they'd prefer if I uploaded my arguments as soon as possible.

"Lol, wtf? You can make an argument instead of being lazy ..." I was not being lazy. I just wanted a strict set of rules placed upon this debate and my opponent broke the rules of structure. Here's the structure I proposed:

"Structure:
"Round 1 - Opening Statements from Con
"Round 2 - Rebuttals from Pro, Defense from Con
"Round 3 - Opening Statements from Pro, Rebuttals from Con
"Round 4 - Defense from Pro, Con Must Waive"

By opening statements, I meant you're arguments. Even if my opponent mixed that up, I wouldn't be able to rebut an introduction. That would be ridiculous. The only reason I'm doing that right now is because my opponent failed to follow my rules.

My opponent then says that I shouldn't penalize them because the site didn't say he couldn't accept. But I did say this:

"Comment if you're interested. Thank you." I legitimately wanted to debate this topic too. That's why I made the debate. But I wanted you to comment so that I could find a good opponent.

Lexus

Con

Are you serious... I followed your dumb rules and now you're too afraid to debate. This is ridiculous. I wanted to legitimately talk about prostitution, but I guess since you're too lazy ...

missbailey8

Pro

Actually, you didn't follow my rules, as you abandoned my proposed structure. I wouldn't have created this debate if I didn't want to actually debate it. I proposed a structure, you broke that.
Lexus

Con

You make me want to light my skin on fire.
missbailey8

Pro

I'm very sorry I make you feel like this. I just wanted someone who'd follow the rules I have, but you failed to do so in the first round. I'm sorry this debate didn't work out for either of us.
Posted by missbailey8 6 months ago
missbailey8
Fair enough. I'm sorry that you aren't able to vote on this debate.
Posted by Wylted 6 months ago
Wylted
I would go ask some low elo voters to vote, maybe you accidently made it below a certain Elo instead of avove it
Posted by Wylted 6 months ago
Wylted
By the way, I think Con won. Pro should have made some sort of argument, though I gave pro conduct points. I would not have goven pro conduct points if Con would have offered some sort of Kritic on the rules
Posted by missbailey8 6 months ago
missbailey8
Unfortunately, I have no idea.
Posted by Wylted 6 months ago
Wylted
I have almost 6,000 ELO how the hell can I not vote?
Posted by missbailey8 6 months ago
missbailey8
I don't remember what I put it as.
Posted by Lexus 6 months ago
Lexus
He means in order to vote.
Posted by missbailey8 6 months ago
missbailey8
@tejretics

I actually didn't put one on, but after this experience I probably should, even if I did specify to comment if interested.
Posted by tejretics 6 months ago
tejretics
I repeat my question: what's the Elo restriction?
Posted by tejretics 6 months ago
tejretics
What is the Elo restriction?