popularboy9
iwannaknow

Should Report Cards be Posted Online?

popularboy9

Con

I do not believe that report cards should be posted online. What if families were poor and they couldn't afford a computer? What if their town did not have a local library or the one that is there wasn't open? What if the families' computer was broken or the parent didn't have an email address?
iwannaknow

Pro

The solution is simple, the guidance counselor or teacher would simply print out a copy of the report card for the student. Although it is unfortunate for the student, things do happen to students that hinder them from accomplishing tasks that other students do accomplish.

But if that is the argument the con is using, why don't schools stop having students type papers, or do reports because of these students. No I am not blaming them for the situation or circumstance they are in , but it is in a schools best interest to do what they think is best.
popularboy9

Con

popularboy9 forfeited this round.
iwannaknow

Pro

Since my opponent has forfeited the round, I will reiterate on my points. If we a society continued to make exceptions based on the "what-ifs" we would make no progress. What if a student is sick ? Do we cancel the entire day of school? No, arrangements are made and the students needs are taken care of . Just as a student without a computer would be taken care of. School boards weigh the "pros and cons" of any decision and this issue is no exception.
popularboy9

Con

popularboy9 forfeited this round.
iwannaknow

Pro

Okay, this debate was totally irrelevant to my opponent.
Posted by iwannaknow 3 years ago
iwannaknow
If no one votes and we tie.....