IfOnlyWeCouldDance
LouisTang

Should Same Sex Couples be allowed to adopt?

IfOnlyWeCouldDance

Con

Imagine you"re in a family, but there"s something special about your family. You have two moms, or maybe two dads. This way of living is called LGBT adoption. LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender. Approximately one million children are being raised in a LGBT home. Although some may say that just because a person is LGBT doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to adopt, same sex couples should not adopt because it gives a contorted view on what is right, the child is deprived of a mother or father figure, and it promotes gay rights and hetero negativity.
LouisTang

Pro

The United States Constitution itself states that "all men are created equal". This applies to women as well as men. When an LGBT couple decides to take their marriage to the next level and adopt children because they can't have any of their own, it is no different than when a straight couple decide to adopt. It has nothing to do with your sexual tendencies, if you are married, you are married. And if you are married, and have proven to be just as safe as a straight couple, you should be allowed to adopt. It is your Constitutional right.
IfOnlyWeCouldDance

Con

IfOnlyWeCouldDance forfeited this round.
LouisTang

Pro

By remaining silent, IfOnlyWeCouldDance, shows his immediate recognition that I have totally won this case for mistreated LGBT couples that only ask that they could have a normal marriage like everyone else, and have the joy of raising children like everyone else. How could anyone take that away from them?
Posted by Isabirda 1 year ago
Isabirda
@ProphecyNoob It's not a kid's choice to be adopted into a straight family or one with issues, or be born into a family going through a divorce, or a poor family, and all of these may also really hurt the kid, some more than a LGBTQ+ family. Should those not be allowed?
Posted by IfOnlyWeCouldDance 1 year ago
IfOnlyWeCouldDance
The exact reason I forfeited was due to the fact I was on a church trip, in which I had no wifi to connect.
Posted by ProphecyNoob 1 year ago
ProphecyNoob
I think its as wrong as abortion, I mean its not the kids choice to be born in a LGBT family and that could really hurt the kid.