debate218059
Marine2317

Should School Uniforms be in School?

debate218059

Pro

Many people agree and disagree that school uniforms should be allowed. In my opinion, they should. Look, everyone has been in school in their entire lifetime and it should be obvious that much of bullying has to do with clothing. Uniforms would remove that; what bully would make fun of something they're wearing, too? Yes, there would still be bullying but it's nice to reduce that amount by a bit.
Marine2317

Con

I thank my opponent for creating this argument. In my personal opinion, no school should ever force students to wear uniforms. That is also what kids love about school, they can wear what they want, as long as it is in dress code limits. There are plenty of dress code limits as is, so why make it so that kids have to wear the same thing day after day? I am a strong believer that if a kid is forced to wear a uniform, the kids should have a say in what that uniform is. I have seen uniforms in Florida. All of the uniforms were teacher and parent chosen! The kids would constantly make fun of the uniforms. The one reason for uniforms is so the kids can't make fun of one another, but I constantly saw kids being rude and making fun of others on how that kid wore the uniform.

Search these cites to see some of the uniforms I saw...
www.statisticbrain.com
www.whycenter.com
Would you want to wear these every day of school?
debate218059

Pro

debate218059 forfeited this round.
Marine2317

Con

Marine2317 forfeited this round.
debate218059

Pro

debate218059 forfeited this round.
Marine2317

Con

Marine2317 forfeited this round.
Posted by djamin.seery 3 years ago
djamin.seery
con- I looked up school uniforms in florida and throughout America and I don't know what there is to complain about .... the majority of school uniforms is a checked coloured skirt with a white blouse. and if everyone is wearing the same thing it is a proven fact that bullying is reduced http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
Posted by djamin.seery 3 years ago
djamin.seery
I would like to try and debate you but I can't lol. I'm an Aussie and we have uniforms in schools. As you said it doesn't reduce all bullying however in American schools (I noticed when I went to one for 4 days) that what is worn has a lot to do with what clique you are in whereas in Aussie schools its more about our personalities rather than what we wear.
Posted by djamin.seery 3 years ago
djamin.seery
Posted by djamin.seery 3 years ago
djamin.seery