roxie9087
DebaterDracon

Should School have Summer Schools if their grades are low?

roxie9087

Con

I believe that schools should not have summer schools systems. They take away from having fun in a normal summer, kids need a break sometime where they don't have think about school for weeks. It's a child's fault if they don't have better grades it affects their future in highschool and college. Personally I'd like to have a summer that lasts for two months to go on trips, and do family gatherings.
DebaterDracon

Pro

Aloha my friends! I shall be arguing that summer school is a very valid part of school life.

Now onto my argument:

I will admit that a child should have fun, especially during summer break, but, summer school is a very valuable window that children can use to catch up with their peers. Allow me to quote you here;
"It's a child's fault if they don't have better grades it affects their future in high school and college."
Exactly so, but it is also the school's job to educate and provide help to these students who fall behind. Teacher's are there to teach, not to baby sit. Without summer school, we would have much more people behind where they are supposed to be.

It's not meant to be a prison, it's just there to help you pass and move on to the next grade. In fact, most summer school programs take only about two weeks - 10 school days - of your summer time. The other 50, or so days are yours to spend however you want.

In the end it is up to whether or not the child wants to make something of themselves. Summer school is an option. Should the parents not push the child to do it they could easily fail. This program ensures we can keep potentially amazing minds open to the world of education.

roxie9087

Con

roxie9087 forfeited this round.
DebaterDracon

Pro

My foe has forfeited, thus providing no insight to their side of this debate, therefore I do believe I have won the debate.

Please do tell me their are much more serious debaters? All my opponents have forfeited so far.
roxie9087

Con

roxie9087 forfeited this round.
DebaterDracon

Pro

Moving the debate along.