Virrilyn_57
raddestguns01

Should School prevent students from having smart devices in school?

Started: 11/30/2014 Category: Technology

Virrilyn_57

Con

No, school shouldn't generate rules such thing as deter students from having smart devices. It's way too strict, don't you think? This new generation is full of technology so why stop them? Students use smart devices just so they can connect with the outsider and discover things. There's nothing wrong with students carrying devices to school unless they use it for positive stuff!
raddestguns01

Pro

We will be debating about whether or not students should be authorized to use smartphones in schools. I, pro, am in favor. My opponent is not.

My argument goes along with my rebuttal.

Students should not be authorized to use smartphones in school because students may use the implementation of being able to take pictures on smartphones as an advantage to, say, take pictures of students during their embarassing moments.

Everyone should agree that by authorizing smartphones in schools, the aforementioned reason is possible. However, you may ask: How are you going to call your parents if, say, you need to ask them where they are to locate them?

That is why there is an "outside of school property". Outside of school property, their rules no longer apply. So, you are free to use your smartphones.

Yes, even outside of school property, people can use their smartphones to humiliate others, including students from their school. However, those are things that will generally happen in society. Nobody can stop that. Typically, in school property are were students come across their embarassing moments, and taking away the students' privilege to use their smartphones will prevent them from humiliating said students.

These students typically either have no idea what humiiating students can lead those students to (Suicide) or just do not care.

If you needed to call someone during school hours, that is why classrooms have their own telephones. If you tell your teacher that you need to make a call, they can easily hand you that phone to do so.

It does take more effort. However, the fact that students can humiliate others by making use of the new technology in their smartphones makes the authorization of smartphones worse than good.

From all the information above, I can conclude that smartphones should not be authorized to be used in school property.

I await my opponent's arguments.
Virrilyn_57

Con

Virrilyn_57 forfeited this round.
Virrilyn_57

Con

Virrilyn_57 forfeited this round.
raddestguns01

Pro

raddestguns01 forfeited this round.