Schools in America get out at about 3:40 - 4:00 P.M. Schools should go from Monday - Friday 8:00 - 3:40 from August To June. If we give students more time to study and to prepare for tests and/or quizes as well as time to finish up homework, we'd be helping them become greater students. They'd be smarter, probably have a better GPA., and be able to attend more advanced colleges. Not to mention, you'd have MORE HOLIDAYS so that you wouldn't be "wasting your time" as some people say. A lot of schools ignore Columbus Day, MLK Jr. Day, and probably 4 or 5 more Holidays. If school went longer into May/June, we'd get better education and better hopes for college.
schools should not go longer, for 3 reasons. one, students will be bored and wouldn't concentrate, as a student myself i barley concentrate in class just thinking "when is school over? what time is lunch? etc." and i can say for most people that if you extend the school period, there wont be enough time to go to family vacations, not enough rest for students, no summer jobs so students cant help their parents and which was the point in having summer break. two, Even if we add more breaks they will only be temporary for 2-5 days so whats the point of having the break it it will distract the students from work? three, students would slack off, they wont show up for school saying there is lots of time.
1) Students would barley concentrate:
1. We wouldn't be making it hard for them to concentrate. We'd actually be HELPING them with certain percedures.
2) THEY HAVE MORE BREAKS. With more breaks, for about 2 weeks, they can have amazing family time.
2) Mondays - Fridays 8:00 - 2:00 for 6 weeks, 1 week off, 6 weeks on, 1 week off, etc.
3) Students wouldn't slack off knowing that they are going to actually have a LONGER break than normal.