jthompson222
hwp460

Should Schools Have Uniforms?

jthompson222 has forfeited round #2.

jthompson222

Pro

When all students are wearing the same outfit, they are less concerned about how they look and how they fit in with their classmates therefore they can concentrate on their schoolwork, and not how they look. Another reason is that when there is a uniform students don't have spend a lot of time deciding what to wear in the morning.
hwp460

Con

I will refute your two points and add one of my own.

1. You say kids will fit in and I agree but that's not a good thing. If a student fit's in too well then he is no longer a student, but a cog. A cog in this giant machine we call society. Most jobs require a uniform, so why are we gonna force that on America's youth as well?

2. Kids spending time in the morning getting ready is not a problem of any kind. It's a child's personal decision and shouldn't be made for the child. Some children will view getting up early to look nice as a feeling of pride. Other's won't get up early because they view it as a waste of time. It's not an issue because every student is different. Also, students would still get up early to do there hair, makeup or accessories.

3. My added point will be the fact that students have a huge block on their freedom of speech. I believe we need a reformation in dress code but not towards uniforms but in the opposite direction of dress codes. We need students to be able to express themselves for all to see. I don't advocate for more showing of skin, but I do advocate for the ability to dye my hair any color, have piercings, have no-nudity tattoos and wear a shirt with whatever is on it.