Rosenley
Dr.Downs

Should Schools Provide Computers for all Students?

Dr.Downs has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Rosenley

Con

Hello! Hopefully This debate goes well. Good luck :D

Round 1 - Acceptance
Round 2 - Opening statement's/Argument's
Round 3 - Rebuttal's
Round 4 - Closing Statements

Definitions

School - An institution for educating children. [1]

Computer - An electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program. [1]

Student - A person who is studying at a school or college. [1]

[1] http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
Dr.Downs

Pro

I accept but first may i say. you...... are um..................... downs but none the less i will still take part in the debate (i am the superior Legend)
Rosenley

Con

Thanks for Accepting! Best of luck again!

A1 - The Cost for all the Computers will be too High

While it would be great if we could give all students computers; you must remember that school's finances are run on a budget. When we keep adding things to the budget; we will end up having to take things off the budget. Most schools do not have the money to be able to pay for around 700-800 students. (The average amount of students in school) [1]. In 2013, a study showed that over 57 percent of children ages 3-17 had access to Internet [2]. This being said, a majority of children actually already have access to the internet by default. Even if they are unable to access it from home; they can access the internet from a library or internet caf".

A2 - Where would this money even come from?

Where would the money to buy all these computers come from? The Government? The United States Government is currently 19.3 Trillion dollars in debt [3], and its not getting much better. The worse thing we can do is to ask for more money from the government. The other thing we need to realize in correlation with asking money from the government is there are other problems that need to be addressed that are much bigger than giving students computers.

If we were to ask the schools to provide them; this (Like I said above) means that schools would have to cut whatever is already in their budget in order to be able to pay for the computers (Of course this is assuming the government is forcing the schools to pay for the computers). This could mean that schools would have to cut buses and certain extra curricular activities. If you compare what you have to cut to what you end up gaining; you realize that it is not worth it. It would also be unfair to all the children who don't need a computer but have to sacrifice their extra curricular activities and buses in order for other kids to have computers.

Closing Statement

To conclude my arguments, there would be no reason in forcing either the government or the schools to provide computers for students. It can be both damaging, and just not worth it in the end. Not only do most students already have access to the internet but they could possibly have most of the things they already take for granted taken away.

[1] http://nces.ed.gov...
[2] http://www.childtrends.org...
[3] http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us...
Dr.Downs

Pro

Where you get the facts? The back of the Cracker Jack box? I think so. But ever all this saw sloppy and i dont think you are worthy. And does it look like we live in the United States of America no no we dont so piss of and get Canadian facts boi. If you want people to take you seriously get a helper to guide you so you dont go straight downs but over all you probs right but i am the SUPERIOR LEGEND
Rosenley

Con

Well, you didn't even make an argument so I don't know how I am going to rebuttal anything. I will just respond to your concerns.

R1 - “Where you get the facts? The back of the Cracker Jack box? I think so.” - Dr.Downs

No not really. I got all the sources from google mostly. I mean you can look at the sources at the bottom of the argument. Not really sure why you are asking me this.

R2 - “But ever all this saw sloppy and i dont think you are worthy.” - Dr.Downs

I genuinely have no idea what you are saying. Im guessing you have given up and therefore just spewing random crap with no structure or rebuttal? Sad. Would have thought you would have at least tried to present your arguments with some class and decency. But if you just want to troll around and not care about the debate; then I can't control you.

R3 - “And does it look like we live in the United States of America no no we dont so piss of and get Canadian facts boi” - Dr.Downs

I would have thought that presenting American facts would be more suitable since they not only have a bigger population, but a bigger population on this website. Besides, this website is based in the USA so it would make more sense for me to present facts from there instead of facts from Canada.

R4 - “If you want people to take you seriously get a helper to guide you so you dont go straight downs” - Dr.Downs

Hah! Nice personal insult. Honestly would have thought you would have been much more respectful in this debate; guess I was wrong. Please, if you ever debate someone again; make sure you evaluate yourself before accepting the challenge.

R5 - “but over all you probs right but i am the SUPERIOR LEGEND” - Dr.Downs

Well thanks for saying that my arguments are valid. But I don't understand why you call yourself “the SUPERIOR LEGEND” if you can't even keep yourself together for one debate. I hope you can rebuttal my arguments in the next round with some elegance and sophistication.