Ilank29
DarkFrollo

Should Schools have to do the pledge of allegiance

DarkFrollo has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Ilank29

Con

Schools should not be having students saying the pledge of allegiance because it is not only completely unnecessary but it is annoying. No one wants to stand there and recite the words that mean you are subjecting yourself to the government and in that time you could be working on getting ahead. Kids in my class have turned it into a joke, and my teachers don't get why we do it and just rush to get it done
DarkFrollo

Pro

I agree, For only one reason. The inclusion of Under God in the allegiance. I am an atheist so I do not believe in god. I find it extremely offensive to be forced to recite those words every day despite the fact that I do not support those words.
Ilank29

Con

Not only is it upsetting to atheists it can be even more offensive to people who strongly believe in their religion. Also the entire pledge pretty much goes against what America is

Hey Kai
DarkFrollo

Pro

Schools should have to do the pledge of allegiance. It shows respect for your country and even if you don't like the inclusion of under god, you should still recite it to show support for the soldiers who died for our country. I feel that the patriotism for our country should be supported and we should be forced to recite it in schools to support said veterans and soldiers. We need to honor our country
Ilank29

Con

The pledge of allegiance is not to support your troops but to give yourself to the country and to show your respect for the country, but it is not respectful to the citizens who must recite it.
Posted by belpois2712member 1 year ago
belpois2712member
The pledge of allegiance for the most part is fine until they mention under god, if that was revised than it may suit everyone.
Posted by KingofTheSkullServants 1 year ago
KingofTheSkullServants
Personally, I don't see much point in reciting the pledge. Sure, one could argue that its to show respect for out country; but if that's the case, shouldn't it be a law to recite the pledge, regardless of who you are?
Posted by John_C_1812 1 year ago
John_C_1812
The pledge of allegiance can be seen as religious test making it publicly controversial. It is not for a purpose of political office so is in accordance of the United States Constitution.

Yes some-one does force you to say the pledge, rule of law. The Republic of the United State is also forcing you to say GOD, but the republic can also by way of law offer representation to a second fact. Some-one can inform you it is not a religious use of God. Even though it is contradictory to any and all possibly belief you are may have learned at this time.

A basic right of Representation and Constitution points out quite quickly that it is in fact a group of numbers that have been intentionally placed together to look like a word representing a popular religion. To fool you.

Why? As one Nation under this GOD it reminds us by self-evident truth all who take this oath should not jump to conclusion, that a presumption shared public that GOD is only a word is self-incriminating because it is not the only truth and as a witness a person would be hard put to tell them apart unless labeled for us.

(A.)GOD
(B.)GOD

One is religious, the second is an axiom created by logic, if the this is not self-evident pick which is the religion without guessing and explain how it was not a guess?
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
@llank You're proving my point.
Posted by Ilank29 1 year ago
Ilank29
@sboss19 I just don't say anything
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
By law you're allowed to just not say that. But honestly, as our country becomes less patriotic, we become more violent toward each other. Saying the pledge of allegiance is just a way to combat that fact.
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
@DarkFrollo No one is "forcing" you to specifically say the "under God" bit; just leave it out.