Kwapple12
hopsen12

Should Self-Defense be a subject in school

hopsen12

Kwapple12

Pro

Should we have Self-Defense Classes in school for real life situations.
hopsen12

Con

__________

Greeting

I'd like to thank my opponent for surfacing a quite interesting idea. I wish them the best of luck.
To give you an explanation on my reasoning for going into this debate, I am currently an 11th grade student in High School. This implying that I will be knowledgeable on this topic, it being my current evnviorment.

__________

Opening Argument

To set things off, I should like to show you a recorded survey on fights in high schools of the United States from 1991 to 2013. (1)

Now, some may question why I would bring up a graph of high school fights in this debate. The reasoning is quite simple: ideas.
When I say "ideas" in this way, do not suppose I speak in poetry. The reason I say "ideas" is because, as teenagers, we constantly flow with new ideas. Though this seems grand, it can also be negative.
Upon an electoral class of self defense being brought in to a school, men and women will apply, hoping to learn how to defend themselves in most unfortunate situations. However, upon gaining enough knowledge, one now has a choice of morality. Are you to use your knowledge for the security of you and your community, or are you to use it to rise in status, pumbling any individual who dare stands against you?
Now, it would seem strange, being able to use a self-defense class to become hostile, however it is very probable. I, myself, took a self-defense class for 10 years at the American Academy of Martial Arts and Fitness. This class combined Taekwondo, Ju-Jitsu, and Karate (Let the record show that I did acheive brown belt, the final belt before 1st degree black). Over the years of having taken the class, I learned, as well as witnessed, the easy choice to use what I had learned to harm others. Permitting such a class could easily compulse a hostility, as well as a feeling of power and athority, in one's mind. Such dangers cannot be risked in a school.
__________

(1) http://www.childtrends.org...;
Kwapple12

Pro

Kwapple12 forfeited this round.
hopsen12

Con

All points advanced.
Kwapple12

Pro

Kwapple12 forfeited this round.
hopsen12

Con

All points advanced.
Posted by TheRussian 1 year ago
TheRussian
If you put the debate back up, I'll accept the challenge.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
Kwapple12hopsen12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture