rebeccamurray601
MCB2700

Should Smoking be Banned in Restaurants

rebeccamurray601

Pro

I think that smoking in restaurants should be banned because when people go out to eat they do not want to be breathing in the smoke or having it all in your food. Also breathing in smoke is bad for your lungs and that can lead to lung cancer. Lung cancer can be a deathly thing. If your favorite restaurant allowed smoking and every time you go in there you breath it in your lungs will turn all black. It makes it hard for the lungs to server there purpose if they are ruined from breathing in all the smoke
MCB2700

Con

Smoking shouldn't be banned in restaurants because it is the persons choice if they want to get black lungs and the restaurants can make separate rooms for smokers in a restaurant. Also, the restaurant can have heavy ventilation meaning the entire restaurant can be completely aired out as smokers smoke.
rebeccamurray601

Pro

rebeccamurray601 forfeited this round.
MCB2700

Con

I do not know why I need to write a contention if the pro has forfeited. But it says I need to, Lets just call this a rounds argument, how about that?
rebeccamurray601

Pro

rebeccamurray601 forfeited this round.
MCB2700

Con

My opponent has forfeited again, therefor i cannot make any contentions.
rebeccamurray601

Pro

rebeccamurray601 forfeited this round.
MCB2700

Con

From the looks of it my opponent has forfeited this debate. Again, I will not present anything new until my opponent makes an argument.
rebeccamurray601

Pro

rebeccamurray601 forfeited this round.
MCB2700

Con

MCB2700 forfeited this round.
Posted by Georgiaheartandsoul 2 years ago
Georgiaheartandsoul
Well I think it should at least be contained to a certain area in the restaurant. Second hand smoke IS actually a lot more dangerous than the smoke from cigarettes as it has no filter. It is very unpleasant to have a smoker nearby when you are trying to eat.