realist-bear
lazycat222

Should Standardized Tests Be Abolished?

realist-bear has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

realist-bear

Pro

Standerdized Tests should definetly be abolsished they are needless stress for students and teachers alike.
lazycat222

Con

While they are, like you said, stressful for the students, they are also necessary.
These tests give the students the chance to learn how to handle stress, which is something that will be extremely helpful in their lives. If a person has never known stress in high school or college, once they'll start working, they won't be able to handle the stress. Or will have to learn this while getting adjusted to their job. Which is way more difficult than learning how to handle their stress while in school.
The ability to keep a clear head in a stressful situation is an ability that shouldn't be underestimated and that once learned will help you throughout your whole life and in many various situations. The best time to acquire this ability is in your younger years when you are still more carefree and your ability to learn is at its peak.
Posted by TheKillerExclusive 1 year ago
TheKillerExclusive
I must go con, I think that standardized standing should not be abolished.

I'm an Illinois student, who has to deal with PARCC. Let me just say, it's torment.

However, I firmly believe it's a way to measure the proficiency of the curriculum and teachers, and the state can see where improvement in both is necessary.