alonnah1919
speakthysoul

Should Student Appreciation Day Be A National Holiday

speakthysoul has forfeited round #2.

alonnah1919

Pro

We have holiday 4 teachers. but what about the students? Without us they wouldn't have jobs.
speakthysoul

Con

Teachers have holidays for us students to show our appreciation towards them being hard-working and patient in teaching us. Students Appreciation Day shouldn't be a National Holiday because of the following reasons.

1. Students still hadn't prove much of themselves yet. They are still in the process of learning.

2. Students go to school to study and some are even forced to go to school because they do not want to or too lazy to attend. They do not work hard that much unlike teachers.

According to Deno Machino "Every day you go to school, you have the chance to learn something that will change your life forever.You are rewarded with knowledge. " Are you so self centered that you need acknowledgement for making a better life for your self? Most of your teachers had the chance to be anything in this world, but they chose to pursue a career that helps you. While most professions help society, none are quite like a teacher. While a doctor may save your life once you become ill, a teacher saves your life by giving you the knowledge to be able to live. Without teachers, you could not afford a house, car, or the doctor. Without a teacher, this doctor would not have the knowledge to save your life. (Source: http://www.smallworlds.com...)

And besides, without teachers, we wouldn't even learn a lot of things.
alonnah1919

Pro

You got solid facts, but logically there are alternatives. One, if students were that lazy they wouldn't getup period. Even, if mom and dad threaten them they wouldn't get up. REBELLION! Two, all students can skip school and hang-out somewhere random. TBH I actually thought about because I getup very early in the mourning, but because I really care don't do that. Technically, you're right students hadn't proved themselves yet, but the point is that they are going through the process of proving themselves. Plus, we work-hard and we have put-up with a couple of those teachers who hit our last nerve. I'm a straight A student, but at some point in my life a had teacher who sat at her desk all-day, literally. According to a couple teacher confessions they don't care, they only want the decent money. True story.
Posted by TheBenC 4 months ago
TheBenC
Abbreviation is not the problem. Things like "work-hard" should not by hyphenated. You could have a job, by the way, mowing lawns or babysitting. Some places will allow you to work part time.

The real world is coming fast. Enjoy your time now while you can.
Posted by alonnah1919 4 months ago
alonnah1919
Well yeah again I'm 14. And my bad grammar is something called abbreviation. That's what they teach me in my Advanced English class. Stop hating. You are 38 saying yo. You can use slang, but can't abbreviate. Plus, my family is none of you concern, plus I'm to young to have a job. I respect teachers, but at same time I'm stating my opinion, which is ok in America according to the constitution.
Posted by TheBenC 4 months ago
TheBenC
I have to assume English is a second language to pro, otherwise (even at just 14 yo) she has terrible grammar and negates her entire argument that students deserve a holiday when they can't even write well.

As for her points about working hard and putting up with disagreeable teachers - welcome to a microcosm of the real world! Take that but add to it how you dislike your job and coworkers. Add to that how you and your family depend on the income you get. Add to that how real world problems are 100 times worse than school-age problems.

Yeah, you will look back fondly on the time when your biggest problem was disliking a teacher.
Posted by TheBenC 4 months ago
TheBenC
You kids get medals just for showing up to something and now you want holidays to honor your mighty achievements too? WTF! Getting an education is not something worthy of a holiday.

How arrogant and self-loving are you kids today? Damn, no wonder you need your safe spaces. Everyone wants to kick your butts all the time because of how entitled you feel.