jr060502
leoghakj

Should Student wear uniforms from the school?

leoghakj

jr060502

Con

I believe that students shouldn't have to wear uniforms for school!!
As a parent I spend about $500 on my child's uniforms needs and all of our children grow so within a 2 year span I have to buy new uniforms ever time but here is the catch I have 5 kids so basic math 5x500= 2500 so I spend about $2,500 on my children when my neice and nephews school don't require uniforms and they same this kind of money
leoghakj

Pro

Students go to school everyday, simply to learn. Aside from learning, they also become friends and socialize, a unique skill for humans. Bullying is not a laughing matter. Students are responsible for their choices and actions. They can make new friends. They can also create enemies. Teenagers feel the need to "fit in" to be recognized as a friend to others. Teenagers might wear the hottest trend, play a sport, or listen to the same kind of music to make more friends. Or to defend themselves against bullying.
Clothes' purpose to hide our naked bodies. But in this century and in many others, People are criticized for what they wear. Teenagers might wear something that is out of fashion, creating a shield between them and their classmates. Clothes is a ridiculous matter to be bullied over. So there are uniforms. Uniforms may be expensive, because of greedy companies. Or maybe they are actually made of good material. Uniforms shield students from bullying. They can't be criticized for what they wear. Wearing uniforms can decrease bullying, which will decrease depression, suicide, and many other effects. Besides, students not wearing uniforms are becoming ignorant of modesty. So therefore, uniforms are important to students' education and socialization.
jr060502

Con

I disagree with you due to; first, when student don't wear uniforms they get to show their creativity and their mood EX: if I was sad I would wear something that expressed my mood I still do believe that Uniforms should be optional not forced second, if a school uniform was made by a manufacturer that doesn't believe on making a lot of money people can easily buy these uniforms and use it to get into school and it also make it easier to fake being a teacher. Third, it harder for parents who don't have a high income rate to buy uniforms for their children.
leoghakj

Pro

Con's simplified argument:
1) Creativity
2) Mood
3) Uniforms should be optional
4) If school uniforms were made by manufacturers that don't believe in making a lot of money, people can buy these uniforms easily and it will be easier to fake being a teacher.
5) It's harder for parents who don't have a high income rate to buy uniforms for their children.

Pro's counter-arguments for Con's argument:
For reason 1 and 2: Female students can display creativity and mood through hair accessories, bracelets, and necklaces. Male students can display creativity and mood through necklaces and bracelets. Both genders can show creativity and mood through shoes, winter outer wear, and glasses.

For reason 3: Many students wouldn't choose the uniform option. If they do, the students who didn't choose uniforms may criticize uniformed students with accuses of "not having any fashionable clothes" and "having boring personality."

For reason 4: Where is there a manufacturer that doesn't believe in money? The con wasn't very clear on "and it also make it easier to fake being a teacher." (Direct quote, not Pro's grammar.)

For reason 5: Poor parents wouldn't enroll their children in private schools, unless public schools requires uniforms or the student is smart enough to get a scholarship. In many private schools, though, clean and used uniforms are sold for a very cheap price.
jr060502

Con

jr060502 forfeited this round.
leoghakj

Pro

Students should wear uniforms in many schools. Uniforms can protect students from a few forms of bullying. Even with uniforms, students can still show their creativity and uniqueness with accessories. With any income, a student can purchase uniform. If schools do enforce uniform, it should be mandatory or student will not choose the uniform option. Uniforms will help students focus on education and build relationships with other humans.
Posted by leoghakj 2 years ago
leoghakj
I like how there's 171 days for voting.
Posted by manraj63 2 years ago
manraj63
i vote for uniforms
Posted by leoghakj 2 years ago
leoghakj
This looks like a cool debate. I had to wear uniform in school... whether I liked it or not will be revealed.. >:)
Vote Placed by beanall 2 years ago
beanall
jr060502leoghakjTied
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
jr060502leoghakjTied
Reasons for voting decision: Basically, the only argument Con actually made sense of was the cost issue, and while it still remains a problem by the end of the debate, it isn't all that effectively weighed, and I think Pro manages to quite effectively weigh it by the end of the debate, explaining that this is likely only an issue of private schools and therefore a minor cost concern for families. While I don't see much weight being placed on bullying by Pro, I also don't get any response from Con on it. Pro harms himself a little on it by pointing out that students can still be creative through other means (which Con could easily have pointed out just become the means by which students are bullied instead of clothing), but since the contradiction is never discussed, I'm left little choice but to vote Pro.