Debaet
mostlogical

Should Students Be Able To Get Away With Skipping School?

Debaet

Con

Students should not have the option to skip school. My first reason is that the students need a good education if they're going to get anywhere in life. Another reason is that students get to know each other in school, and bond. Also, students skipping school is a rebellious act, and that is not a good characteristic to have. That's why I think students should not be able to get away with skipping school.
mostlogical

Pro

Students should be allowed to skip school. I skipped a week of primary school once when my parents booked a holiday, and because the teachers were informed they were very helpful, they let me know what I missed so I could catch up. It did me no harm, and the break was actually a positive thing for me.

If students skipped lessons or school days in High school without their parents knowledge, parents would know the next parents evening what their child's attendance is like, and will have an opportunity to encourage their child to study hard.

Teachers shouldn't be expected to replace the role of parents, if a students parent doesn't mind their child skipping school then that student won't distract other children, which is a good thing, as he or she is unlikely to achieve a good grade if he/she is not bothered about learning.
Debaet

Con

The students who skip school would be able to get their schoolwork for that day, but they may not understand it. The parents may be able to help, but a lot of learning today is different than back in the day. Also, if the student is on a vacation, they probably wouldn't have much time to complete schoolwork, and even if they did, they wouldn't want to. Plus, the students have winter, spring, and summer break to go on family trips. Also, if a student decided to skip class for no good reason, they would be a day behind, and have to do extra work in school, where they can just go the previous day and have less work in more time.
mostlogical

Pro

Students who attend may not understand something either, if a student does not understand something it is their responsibility to seek help either from their teacher, parent, or even a friend, alternatively they might be able to do some research on-line and it is possible they will learn much more than what was taught in class this way.

Many parents can't afford to go on holiday with their children during peak times which is one reason why children should be allowed to skip school. If there are any difficulties the pupil is facing, spending time with family will help and in turn improve their education.

If students skip class for no good reason they will be found out more easily and can be put back on a better path. I agree they will have more work to do in order to catch up, but having one day off, or even a week off is not going to seriously affect their study; children have sick days yet they get back on course. The need to catch up and work harder will show a pupil what they are capable of doing, and will help them in the long run.
Debaet

Con

Debaet forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

my points stand
Debaet

Con

Debaet forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

looks like my opponent has no arguments to make
Posted by KonstanBen 1 year ago
KonstanBen
Russia's the main source of our commie brainwashing. Most of the teachers in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world are Russian spies sent to turn our children into commies. I do not take this threat to democracy and the Lord lightly. Stay holy my friends.
Posted by mostlogical 1 year ago
mostlogical
#KonstanBen

In what way are children being brainwashed? Also what has Russia got to do with schools in other countries? Surely media is the problem, not schools
Posted by KonstanBen 1 year ago
KonstanBen
School is a commie plot to brainwash our children. We need to stop this madness and yank all of our children away form the deathtraps that are schools. Please, fellow G-d-worshiping Americans, do not allow the Russians an ultimate victory. Stand by true freedom and the Lord, and take your kids out of school.
Posted by Debaet 1 year ago
Debaet
I understand your reasoning but I'm asking if kids should be ALLOWED to skip school.
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
I think you are asking the wrong question. If a kid skips school then usually they aren't caught. If they are caught then they do get in trouble for it. My point is students don't get away with skipping school. If they do it's because no one caught them.