kenzie123
TheAdamb99

Should Students Be Home schooled if They are Being Bullied

kenzie123

Con

I think they shouldn't. because they should learn how to stick up for them selves or maybe someone will stick up for them. or they could just ignore the bully. and yes I do agree if the bulling gets to serious than they should.
TheAdamb99

Pro

I think they should get home school if they are being bullied because the people who bully them may lead to serous events such as suicide or depression etc. No human being should be able to go through this tough time. I don't think people have a choice of bullying. They just can't say yes I will ignore it. It is so much more.

Almost half of all children and young people (46%) say that they've been bullied at some point during their time at school, according to the Tellus4 National Report (PDF, 1.33Mb), carried out in 2009.

[Sources: http://www.nhs.uk...]
kenzie123

Con

I agree. I have been bullied .. but like I said if it gets to serious.. home school would be a good option. but otherwise kids have to learn to stick up for them self's . I mean I hope they would. but yes I think I should change sides defiantly. you have made me think about it more. but they should stick up for them self's. that's not a bad thing to do ... its a good thing!
TheAdamb99

Pro

As my opponent has just said, "but like I said if it gets to serious.. home school would be a good option." As my opponent has AGREED to my side, I deem his argument void as Con has basically arguing for MY side. Kids should get home schooled if bullied. They don't need to be bullied to learn to stick up for themselves, they can join a boxing/wreslting club insead. Bullying is by no way a way for a child to learn for them to defend themselves.

I look forward to my opponent's next (void) argument!
kenzie123

Con

kenzie123 forfeited this round.
TheAdamb99

Pro

TheAdamb99 forfeited this round.
kenzie123

Con

kenzie123 forfeited this round.
TheAdamb99

Pro

Opponent has forfeited. VOTE PRO!
Posted by memezxxx 2 years ago
memezxxx
I think bullying is a serious issue in this modern age. As technology becomes more advanced, I feel that home schooling would not be an efficient substitute for being schooled in a normal school. However, as it has been said that "[The opposition} think they shouldn't. because they should learn how to stick up for them selves" I feel this statement is rather ignorant to say as victims of bullying feel terrified. How are they supposed to do this when they are being put down, when they are too scared to tell anyone. I feel that home schooling however is not the solution to bullying and it never will be. It is simply sweeping the problem underneath the carpet and will ultimately hurt the child as they will never get the real life experiences we have in school. I feel its quite naive to think that home schooling will fix any issue which bullying presents. I feel it is our duty as humans to help victims of bullying but imposing heavier punishments and discourage bullying. Although bullying will never go away but we can make the world a better, safer place for those who fall victim of bullying.