SchylarB123
asingh

Should Students Be Rewarded To Go To School

asingh

SchylarB123

Pro

Students should be paid to go to school because we do not have a choice as to whether or not we can go yet teachers decide to beome teachers. Teachers get paid a large sum of money and although our reward as students is our education, to prepare our selves for our future, we should be rewarded with more of a physical treatment such as money, a free day of just not having to go to school at all or being allowed to do whatever we want.
asingh

Con

Just by saying that we don't have a choice doesn't mean we should get a tangible reward. Education in itself is a reward. Look at the long-term benefits. You go to school, you go to college, you graduate either get a job or go on for further education. That gives you a reward. Rewarding students physically is just not a good idea because there is no single flat physical gift. Letting people do whatever they want is not an option due to legal liabilities. Money, how much? Where's it coming from?
SchylarB123

Pro

I have learned as a student that when students are rewarded they work towards getting the reward over and over. My teacher is using a method where she would give out teacher dollars to the students at the top of the class and for doing an assignment and getting full marks and even perfect attendance. right now there is a battle for who has the most teacher dollars in the class which means that in all our marks that are being recorded no one in my entire class of 25 kids has any marks below half.
asingh

Con

We need to establish that I am against real-world, real-life payment, a free-day and the option of attending school. I am NOT against extra credit, or 'teacher dollars' in most cases. What we need to distinguish is what we're talking about when we say 'reward'. Is it money? Or is it something a teacher comes up with like 'teacher dollars'? Figure this out before we get to real debating. If a reward is anything in general then I don't think any rational person has an extreme 'Yes' or 'No' answer.
SchylarB123

Pro

SchylarB123 forfeited this round.
asingh

Con

asingh forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Sarai.K82 1 year ago
Sarai.K82
SchylarB123asinghTied
Reasons for voting decision: There was confusion as to how this debate was framed. Initially, the topic states students should be rewarded for going to school, but in Pro's initial statement, he states they should be paid (a different thing). Pro had a nice argument when he then stated that students work harder when rewarded for their work. I found this strong, but con had nice counter in terms of the requested clarification. Pro forfeited at this point and I awarded the win to Con. No sources were used. Pro had at least one spelling error and I awarded spelling and grammar to con.