Jack_Flanders
mylittlemonster

Should Students Wear school uniforms?

Jack_Flanders

Con

Uniforms or no Uniforms?
mylittlemonster

Pro

As a student who has gone to schools that require a uniform his whole life, I belief that uniforms relieve students of the pressure of "What should I wear today?" and "What is everyone else wearing?" because it's always the same thing. I also believe that uniforms remove the distraction of checking to see if you match your friend or if you accidentally wore the same outfit as your enemy because it's always the same thing. Now that's not to say there aren't benefits to not wearing a uniform. There are just so many more benefits to wearing a uniform.
Jack_Flanders

Con

As a student who now no longer has to wear uniforms, I'm glad because now I can actually express my self and who I am in the way I dress, yes, it was easier to wear uniforms but I, LOVE being me, and not every other person!
Parents and natural disasters. I myself want no uniforms on Fridays because if you were to think about it, if there was a fire or any type of natural disasters, a parent might want to come pick their child up and everyone is wearing the same thing and it might be hard to find their child.
I think that teens should not wear school uniforms because that is violating our rights. We have the freedom of speech so we should be able to wear what ever we want to school. The school does not have the right to decide what we have to wear unless it is inappropriate
When you wear a school uniform you feel locked up inside, feeling that nobody really knows who you are. When you wear what you want to wear, you are being you and that"s what makes you different. Wearing school uniforms can discourage students" freedom of expression. We don"t want to curb creativity.
Kids should not have to wear school uniforms because it does not let them express themselves. Also, if there is a poor family that can't pay for the uniform the child will be bullied. As well as being bullied children will all look the same. I personally think it is very bad to have school uniforms, especially in public schools where children go just to get an education, not to be proper.
NO UNIFORMS!!!!!!
mylittlemonster

Pro

So the only way parents can POSSIBLY recognize their children is by their clothes? If you are going to a private school, you don't have rights, ever heard of Separation of Church and State? I personally believe that you can express yourself in ways other than clothes, e.g. accessories, behavior, activities. If you can't be creative with art, accessories, sports, or behavior, you sure can't express yourself with clothing.
Jack_Flanders

Con

Jack_Flanders forfeited this round.
mylittlemonster

Pro

mylittlemonster forfeited this round.
Jack_Flanders

Con

Jack_Flanders forfeited this round.
mylittlemonster

Pro

mylittlemonster forfeited this round.
Jack_Flanders

Con

Jack_Flanders forfeited this round.
mylittlemonster

Pro

mylittlemonster forfeited this round.
Posted by Alpacthulhu 2 years ago
Alpacthulhu
Separation of church and state has nothing to do with individual rights to wear whatever clothing you want...

You're looking for Tinker v. de Moines, pro.