Natalie99
EthanAuneM

Should Students get paid for good grades?

Natalie99

Pro

Students should get paid for having good grades because for them it is a full time job. You can't expect a child to go to school for 8 hours have a 2 hour practice get homework done sleep AND have a job. It is physically impossible.
EthanAuneM

Con

I do not think students should be paid for getting good grades, because a lot of the time, schools like charter school barely have enough money to run and have school programs. If they were to pay students, they would not have money to pay for other things like sports and drama programs. Also, aside from the schools having to pay money, taxes would increase considerably because every student in the nation who has good grades would be paid and that money has to come from somewhere, so taxes would have to go up. Students would also be making an income, so the government out of fairness and the law would have to tax them as well, causing new laws to have to be created to make that happen.

The government pays all schools an average of $10,615/ student to go to school for one year. If they were to pay all students for getting good grades, students would try to get better grades so they an be paid. That is not necessarily a god thing though, because then they would have to pay more/ student to have them to be able to go to school.
Natalie99

Pro

Natalie99 forfeited this round.
EthanAuneM

Con

I understand that being a good student should be rewarded, but the gift of a good education is a good enough gift, I know that sounds corny, but if you get good grades, you have more opportunities in life.

If you do exceptionally well in high school, you can be accredited with scholarships which is a form of pay. If you have a scholarship, you will not have to pay student loans when you are in college and beyond. When you do not have to pay these, you can start a family earlier and buy a house.

Going back to my original topic. If the government were to pay students, they would have even less money than they do now. I am not saying that we don't have enough money, I am saying that that money should be spent elsewhere like paying off our debts to other countries. 54.8 million students are in grades K-12 in the United States. If the government were to pay them for good grades, it would have to come out of the taxpayers pockets, and the taxes would increase immensely. 28% of yearly income for the average middle class person already goes to the government of that, 25% it goes to education. If we paid for good grades, we would have to pay so much more taxes to help pay for it, especially if the students were to make any more than pennies for each good grade.
Natalie99

Pro

Natalie99 forfeited this round.
EthanAuneM

Con

I end my argument. I feel it would be foolish to pay students for getting good grades.
Posted by maxwell.lane 1 year ago
maxwell.lane
its called a scholarship
Posted by Agentbean007 1 year ago
Agentbean007
I think this is a great topic, and I am all for it, because it will increase education modivation, it will provide a better future, because of grades and money for the future, to get into college. Plus it will help you effect the technology, or other topics of education, by them working harder on a project to win money.