flameburp
debatefox

Should Students have homework?

flameburp

Pro

Students need Homework to stimulate their brains after school. Knowledge is like water. It needs to keep flowing until it reaches the ocean. Kids also sometimes come home from school with nothing in their minds. Homework helps them remember the concepts they learned that day. I"m not saying we should have too much homework. I"m saying it"s good for kids" minds.
debatefox

Con

I will start out by saying knowledge is not like water going to the ocean. although a clever example but ultimately wrong. 70% of the water on the earth is already in the ocean so using that statement would mean children already know 70% of the knowledge in the world. on to your second sentence. the brain is learning all the time even when you are sleeping so it is impossible for a kid to have nothing on his/her mind. to the third sentence. if teacher's were to plan studying time every day in school kids would remember the concepts they learned that day to. each day they should study what they learned the previous day. on to the next sentence. what is to much homework? 2 page 3 pages maybe even just 1 page. how many problems are on each page? for each kid it changes so one cannot say for sure what is to much homework. next you say it is good for kids minds. nope. 56 percent of students (according to Stanford) say that homework is the most stressful thing in school. how is stress good for the mind. stress can cause Memory problems
Inability to concentrate
Poor judgment
Seeing only the negative
Anxious or racing thoughts
Constant worrying
Moodiness
Irritability or short temper
Agitation, inability to relax
Feeling overwhelmed
Sense of loneliness and isolation
Depression or general unhappiness
Physical SymptomsBehavioral Symptoms
Aches and pains
Diarrhea or constipation
Nausea, dizziness
Chest pain, rapid heartbeat
Loss of sex drive
Frequent colds
Eating more or less
Sleeping too much or too little
Isolating yourself from others
Procrastinating or neglecting responsibilities
Using alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs to relax
Nervous habits (e.g. nail biting, pacing) these don't seem good to a kids mind to me.
flameburp

Pro

flameburp forfeited this round.
debatefox

Con

has my overkill on the facts been enough to frighten my opponent or has he/she just missed the deadline
flameburp

Pro

flameburp forfeited this round.
debatefox

Con

debatefox forfeited this round.
Posted by debatefox 2 years ago
debatefox
thats okay i have a lot of school to. We should try this argument again sometime when your less busy, because it is a great argument.
Posted by flameburp 2 years ago
flameburp
What I mean by Nothing in their minds is they are just like "Uhhhhhhhhhh..." when they get home.
Posted by flameburp 2 years ago
flameburp
Sorry I'm just missing the deadline. Lots of school
Posted by debatefox 2 years ago
debatefox
hi
Posted by debatefox 2 years ago
debatefox
just to clarify something here I agree with you homework is god so i'm probably going to lose. but I'm going to try.
Posted by debatefox 2 years ago
debatefox
hi
Posted by flameburp 2 years ago
flameburp
Hello debatefox