lizziedebategirl101
dynamicduodebaters

Should Students wear School Uniforms?

dynamicduodebaters

lizziedebategirl101

Con

Students should not have to Wear School Uniforms. For One, Students are Bored with the same Clothes, and not do well in School, via Boredom. For Another Thing, if there are twins, or triplets, or quatroplets attending, Teachers will not be Able to Tell Them Apart. For One More Thing, if the Uniform is Still Dirty, the Student will have nothing to Wear and will either have to skip School or wear the Dirty Uniform. This is Why School Uniforms should NOT be Permitted.
dynamicduodebaters

Pro

NTRODUCTION)

Thank you for creating this debate, because I have been waiting to debate for a bit. I will wait for rebuttals till the 5th and last round, and I hope you do as such. Since you have laid out no rules, I will start with arguments right away.

(ARGUMENTS)

(1)

“In Long Beach, CA, after two years of a district-wide K-8 mandatory uniform policy, reports of assault and battery in the district's schools decreased by 34%, assault with a deadly weapon dropped by 50%, fighting incidents went down by 51%, sex offenses were cut by 74%, robbery dropped by 65%, possession of weapons (or weapon "look-alikes") decreased by 52%, possession of drugs went down by 69%, and vandalism was lowered by 18%. A 2012 peer-reviewed study found that one year after Sparks Middle School in Nevada instituted a uniform policy, school police data showed a 63% drop in police log reports, and decreases were also noted in gang activity, student fights, graffiti, property damage, and battery. A 2010 peer-reviewed study found that schools with uniform policies had 12% fewer firearm-related incidents and 15% fewer drug-related incidents than schools without uniforms. A 2007 peer-reviewed study found that, in schools with historically higher rates of sexual violence, sexual attacks were less likely if uniform policies were in place. School uniforms also prevent students from concealing weapons under baggy clothing, make it easier to keep track of students on field trips, and make intruders on campus more visible. Frank Quatrone, superintendent in the Lodi district of New Jersey, stated in Feb. 2011 that "When you have students dressed alike, you make them safer. If someone were to come into a building, the intruder could easily be recognized." {1}

As you can see, there is Overwhelming evidence that shows that uniforms make school safer. But bullying can count as making a school unsafe also, for people easily picked on. So what do uniforms do against bullying?

“School uniforms create a level playing field among students, reducing peer pressure and bullying. When all students are dressed alike, competition between students over clothing choices and the teasing of those who are dressed in less expensive or less fashionable outfits can be eliminated. In a 2013 survey by the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) and uniform manufacturer Lands' End, 86% of school leaders said uniforms make "a significant, positive impact on peer pressure," and 64% said uniforms reduce bullying. Arminta Jacobson, Founder and Director of the Center for Parent Education at the University of North Texas, stated that uniforms put "all kids on the same playing field in terms of their appearance. I think it probably gives them a sense of belonging and a feeling of being socially accepted." Virginia B. Draa, Assistant Professor of Human Ecology at Youngstown State University, said uniforms can decrease peer pressure and blur class lines between students.” {1}

So, you can't be bullied because of your fashion because think about it. The bullies can’t say stuff like those shoes are ugly or that dress is horrible, because they are wearing the exact same thing.

Onto the next point:

(2)

What do you go to school for? To learn.

Instead of fussing about what you wear, boys and girls can work on their education. Sometimes getting dressed in the morning can take a long time, but is that long time necessary? No, in fact, it is unnecessary.

“A bulletin published by the National Association of Secondary School Principals stated that ‘When all students are wearing the same outfit, they are less concerned about how they look and how they fit in with their peers; thus, they can concentrate on their schoolwork.’ A 2010 University of Houston study found that elementary school girls' language test scores increased by about three percentile points after uniforms were introduced. [1] Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, when she was a 2008 US presidential candidate, advocated school uniforms as a way to help students focus on learning: ‘Take that [clothing choices] off the table and put the focus on school, not on what you're wearing.’Chris Hammons, Principal of Woodland Middle School in Coeur d'Alene, ID, stated that uniforms ‘provide for less distraction, less drama, and more of a focus on learning.’” {1}

A child should be concerned more about how they do well in school than trying to fit in. But if you give them the means to automatically fit in, then they won’t need to fuss about that. They can get a good education, which leads to a good job, etc...

(CONCLUSION)

I look forward to seeing your next argument.

DDD

(REFERENCES)

{1} http://school-uniforms.procon.org...
lizziedebategirl101

Con

lizziedebategirl101 forfeited this round.
dynamicduodebaters

Pro

My opponent forfeited, this I will extend all of my arguments. Vote Pro!

DDD
lizziedebategirl101

Con

dynamicduodebaters

Pro

My opponent FF'd again, so PLEASE vote pro,
DDD
lizziedebategirl101

Con

dynamicduodebaters

Pro

Again, FF.
VOTE PRO
DDD
lizziedebategirl101

Con

dynamicduodebaters

Pro

My opponent has done what I call a full forfeit. She has not provided one single valid point or argument.

Thanks,
DDD

VOTE PRO
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
9spaceking is just a systematic manipulator
And a chronic master debater
like a fool in love with their own voice
presenting psychosis as a godlike choice

Believe in the king or die
The king never tells lies
From outer space the voice box rings
Ding a ling a ling, like the Ice Cream Man sings

Get a cone, make a profit for the man
Sweets will make you happy again
Like the spacemans sweet sweet ice
Never will you have to think twice
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
Daaaaaaaaang 9spacking u da boss
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
RFD
*Plays super cool rap-beat with music in the background

One debater, the one I didn't choose, didn't do absolutely anythin'
He got slayed by such laser, like a poor moose--he obviously tried everythin'
The winner is such obvious here, easily spotted as a donkey's rear
It's like the loser drank a gallon of beer, he's got a twisted unrealistic sneer

These people don't know how to respect or even wisely manage 'er time
It's always conduct point lost, the winner may taste victory but I taste lemon lime
This is happenin' so often it should be treated by the mod's as a grave crime
The commit-tors should be "rewarded" like in Brain Sludge--painted with slime

You may think your arguments are 100-percent unbeatable
Your "impressive hand of cards" an' "grand poker-face" unreadable
In reality you have such shame, even your friends think this incident unspeakable
Your tragic-horror story's so sad an' yet already set, it's un-completable

You forfeit-er, so darn blind, you wander around with a blank mind,
You can't do anything at all, an invisible mountain did you climb
If you had eyes they'd be completely raked--by you, my "great mate"
Your cookie dough of arguments is unbaked, judges gonna give you bad ranks

Please don't go and ask me for any advice, I can't be bo'ered with such li'l lice
I'd rather go eat a bowl of poisonous rice; you forfeiter can't be even be saved by Jesus Christ
You really don't fit the description "intelligent mind", compared to it you're really like a tiny mice
You may think your short rounds are "concise", oh sure they are, and you're just being nice

I shake my head at such incompetence, I really want to print this debate out and crumble it
Don't take any more debates from now on hence, you'll just be killed again, smashed like a poor kid
Your forfeitin' is such terrible I feel like vomitin', stompin' my feet on your rude red word carpet
So just don't do it--it belongs in the Town of Wrongitin, I'll just sell y
Posted by sniper240 2 years ago
sniper240
I VOTE PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Sniper240
Posted by LubricantSanta 2 years ago
LubricantSanta
I'll be back by the end of the weekend if no one else accepts. This is a legitimately good argument to be had.
Vote Placed by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
lizziedebategirl101dynamicduodebatersTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture, and pro made more convincing arguments.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Reasons for voting decision: in comments