TheAlex
debatefox

Should Study hall be able to be replaced with another elective

debatefox

TheAlex

Con

I think that the students should have study hall as a requirement. due to the fact that the students probably don't want to do last minute studying at home.
debatefox

Pro

if we have study hall it will take up time when we could be doing something we love and something that is required for collage because as far as I know their is no collage that has a requirement for collage and students should be smart enough to put out time to study and if their not they deserve to fail maybe that will be enough to tell them to start studying and to stop slacking off. what your are saying is that students don't have enough common sense to prepare for upcoming events when in fact the majority of students are wise enough to plan ahead and those who don't fail that's just life if your smart you succeed if your dumb you get mediocre jobs that pay you just enough
TheAlex

Con

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? I think the students still should have a little time to study. They should be pointed in the right direction and not left entirely on their own.
debatefox

Pro

yes point them in the right direction not give them a map and detailed directions like study hall does if any thing study hall makes students lose focus on things they could be doing like math or science if study hall was a period then you would have one less period to do something you like
Vote Placed by vampandaz 3 years ago
vampandaz
TheAlexdebatefoxTied
Reasons for voting decision: TheAlex, you just said a one sentence thing that isn't even true, most people actually study better at home, and your brain obsorbs more from studying closer to a bed time. Your hole debate was well... depressing, that wasn't even a debate, that was talking. Pro, you obviously showed more than one reason, so I picked you. Students are old enough to know if they need "extra study time" (p.s no one actually uses study hall for studying the hole time, its mostly to GET OUT OF DOING SCHOOL WORK) and I was forced into a study hall this year (actually two) because of my medical condition of passing out when I begged for a class you can get credit in, know I am behind in math by a year, ill be a junior taking a softmore class bcuz of my "extra study time".
Vote Placed by Disquisition 3 years ago
Disquisition
TheAlexdebatefoxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Although pro had bad grammar and spelling, he makes a valid point; students should be able to manage their time, they can't expect the school system to hold their hands forever.