Wasseop
The-Holy-Macrel

Should Suicide be Criticized

Wasseop

Con

Suicide is something very odd. It's about taking away one's life away by oneself. Someone is dead but no one is blamed for the death(unless another person made him/her to do so). In history, it was even a way to prove your innocence or to show your loyalty. But nowadays, as you can see in the phrase "COMMIT a suicide", it is considered a crime, something to be condemned. I also agree that it is not something good to do, but does that mean that committing a suicide should be criticized BY OTHERS? I don't think so
First of all, its your life. Murder is a serious crime because you're taking away someone else's life, and you don't have the authority to do it. But don't you have the power to control yours? If you have a religion, then i guess your life is not yours but god(s)'s, but let's concentrate on this topic first. If someone has attempted a suicide, that person was probably in a horrible situation. Nobody is going to live his/her life for him/her. Nobody is going to take the pain. Still they blame him/her. Isn't there something wrong about this? I don't believe that others have the right to criticize the person.
Also, suicide does not cause real harm to anybody else. Well you may say it give mental damage to people around the person. Can that really be a reason to blame the guy who committed a suicide? There is something called psychological injury in the law(;meaning psychological or psychiatric conditions associated with an event that leads, or may lead, to a lawsuit in tort action or other legal-related claims), but suicide doesn't fit in this domain in most of the countries. Every event causes an emotional change in everybody. The only difference is how and how much. You can't blame the self-killing guy to consider everybody else's feelings.
At last, people say that criticizing suicide is a way to keep the society to respect life. I totally think this is wrong. The instinct to live is in your DNA. Do you know why so many people fail to commit a suicide? It's because most people get scared at the last moment. That is also the reason why most suicides are accidental. Their emotion at that time was too much for them to handle, that it overcame their inborn fear of death. The basis of respect for life doesn't come from social things, in comes from your natural fear of death. Furthermore, is keeping someone alive whose life is so horrible that he/she tried to terminate it really respecting life? It's something to think about.
To sum up, you have the authority to control your life, you don't hurt anyone, and criticizing suicide does not have a lot to do with respect for life. So even though I think committing a suicide is a horrible thing, I don't think those who killed themselves does not deserve to be criticized.
The-Holy-Macrel

Pro

The worse people's opinion on suicide is the less people that will commit it.

We should heavily critisize it.

It would be a deterrant in the dishonor.
Wasseop

Con

Wasseop forfeited this round.
The-Holy-Macrel

Pro

The-Holy-Macrel forfeited this round.
Wasseop

Con

Wasseop forfeited this round.
The-Holy-Macrel

Pro

The-Holy-Macrel forfeited this round.
Posted by Faizanelahi420 1 year ago
Faizanelahi420
I agree with your point
If a person is in miserable situation like he is in alot of pain because of some disease and it's sure that he is gonna die then if that person want to end his life, he should. Nobody has right to criticise that person
Posted by The-Holy-Macrel 1 year ago
The-Holy-Macrel
That is my point.

But all of you commenters should stop backseat debating.

(in the friendliest tone possible)

=b
Posted by TheDom275 1 year ago
TheDom275
Sure, it should be criticised. Anything stupid that people do should be criticised so that they and other people can avoid it in the future.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
I think he meant to say "I don't think those who killed themselves deserve to be criticized" He probably added the Does Not because he forgot he put Dont in the begining.
Posted by Talyllyn 1 year ago
Talyllyn
"I don't think those who killed themselves does not deserve to be criticized."
You are going against yourself.