Should TV allow you to choose which channels you want, and save on the channels you don't want?

Started: 1/30/2015 Category: TV

I think TV should allow you to choose the individual channels you want to have, and get rid of the ones you don't want. I think if the company did this it would cost more at the start, but people would buy that because they save money.

Where do I even start?

Thesis statement: Each cable provider provides a default channel listing that everyone starts out with. Yes there are bonus channels that cost money, but the most watched channels like Fox or ESPN are included in everyone's package. You will not be saving anything by cancelling default channels. TV providers should not allow people to pick and choose, because there may be something else on a channel that might intrigue them and they might want to watch it. Why go through all of the trouble to filter it to just let it remain?

Basically, it just boils down to not wanting to scroll through channels, only wanting your select few that you are bound to change about every 5 minutes.

Thank you for allowing me to debate with you!

TimothyLight forfeited this round.

Please try to post an argument next time!

Next time, if you want to give up, just tell me and we can get it over with. If you want go ahead and post round 3 and I will be all in to participate, until then, don't try to prolong the forfeit, just send me a private message.

I apologize for not being able to post my argument lately. High School is time consuming. I have not officially forfeited yet, and You make a good argument. If anybody has anything to counter his argument post it in the comments.

I agree school is time consuming and I give you credit for giving it priority over this website on the internet that doesn't really matter, thanks for allowing me to debate with you!
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con's counter-argument went uncontested, so arguments to Con. Conduct to Con for Pro's round forfeit.