LinaProtest
Bet-On-It

Should Teachers Be Allowed To Hold Guns In Their Classroom

LinaProtest

Pro

I believe that if the teachers have a gun, in a gun safe, away from children and the wrong hands, students will be better protected! Some schools (maybe yours) have a police officer outside just in case, but my school does not! I want to feel protected while i'm in middle school and high school. try to prove me wrong.
Bet-On-It

Con

I do not agree with that. So on any day your teacher can be a really happy person. For the most part your teacher may never have mood swings, but then you get that one bad day. You don't know what is going on at home so you don't know if maybe there is something going on that has changed there drive. A person can change their mood on a whim. Most of the time we are predictable things but there is sometimes that one small period that you cannot tell what a person's next move will be. I know i don't want to be in that classroom on that one unlucky day that, that teacher is not in a good mood. I don't know 100% how school shooting start but that could be one way that they do start have a gun in the presence of disobedient teenagers. The temptation that would come to the minds of some teens would strike a teacher dead by having a gun in the room and being able to get it. Yes i know that it would be locked but that does nothing for the people who can pick locks or hack combination code locks. I think the temptation is just to high to have guns in school even if it is a teachers in a gun safe.
LinaProtest

Pro

LinaProtest forfeited this round.
Bet-On-It

Con

Bet-On-It forfeited this round.
LinaProtest

Pro

LinaProtest forfeited this round.
Bet-On-It

Con

Bet-On-It forfeited this round.
LinaProtest

Pro

LinaProtest forfeited this round.
Bet-On-It

Con

Bet-On-It forfeited this round.
LinaProtest

Pro

LinaProtest forfeited this round.
Bet-On-It

Con

Bet-On-It forfeited this round.
Posted by chlln 1 year ago
chlln
There has never been a teacher snap and kill a student to my knowledge to date(please cite statistics on it if you find it not one sensationalist case)

There have been dozens and dozens of cases in the last decade alone a armed teacher could have saved the lives of their students.

Saying oh a teacher will snap or oh someone will accidentally be shot is a fallacy, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED YET, yet over and over again kids are shot up in schools and no one is there to stop them.

We have fire extinguishers for fires, not to replace fire dept but for rapid response
We have defib units not to replace paramedics but for rapid response
Its about time we have officers or trained teachers with access to a gun not to replace police but for rapid response.

Make the gun safe require two different key types and give each teacher one type if you librals really want to make it hard for us, but my bet is on this would allow more student deaths by far due to delay in response than it would ever prevent.
Posted by IceeeStorm1816 1 year ago
IceeeStorm1816
I agree with @Effffort. Teachers should always have guns on hand in case of an emergency. Especially with all these school shootings that have been happening lately.
Posted by Bet-On-It 1 year ago
Bet-On-It
i don't completely agree but am against it more than for it
Posted by Effffort 1 year ago
Effffort
I root for they should in case of emergencies.