John_R17
scarlettjames

Should Teachers be supervised more?

John_R17 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

John_R17

Pro

a teacher at my school instead of teaching us he gives us worksheets and tells us to do them without even explaining them. so this made me think should teachers be supervised more?
scarlettjames

Con

I don't think they should be supervised I think the school system overall needs to be reconsidered. Here's why:
1. Parents aren't involved enough. Of all the things out of the control of teachers, this one is perhaps the most frustrating. Time spent in the classroom is simply not enough for teachers to instruct every student, to teach them what they need to know.
2. There is a lack of teacher education innovation. It stands to reason that if students are changing, teachers must change too. More specifically, it is time to modify teacher education to reflect the demands of the modern K - 12 classrooms. There are policy and practice changes taking place all over the world - many driven by teachers - that address the cultural shifts in the classroom.
3. There are so many more reasons why the school systems are failing.
Posted by hwp460 1 week ago
hwp460
I would challenge you because I think we should privatize schools and that would lead to less government surveillance of teachers. I do however believe they need to be watched under the current system. I hope you do well, however.