DBPDX
mangolife23

Should Ted Cruz be President?

DBPDX

Pro

There has been a fair amount of controversy surrounding presidential candidate Ted Cruz on whether or not he can legally run for commander and chief along with other things.

I will be taking the Pro side, meaning i think he SHOULD be president, while my wrong opponent will argue for one of the other candidates

I've seen a similar debate to this on this site, but a lot has changed in 2-3 months, and i'd also like someone with actual convincing arguments to be able to debate the con side. :)
mangolife23

Con

I will be arguing that Ted Cruz should not be president. Just so everything is clear, the candidate of my choice is Bernie Sanders. But back to Ted Cruz. I am not arguing that it is not legal for him to be president. It is completely legal, since he had a parent that was an American citizen at the time of his birth. I am arguing that because of his political views, he should not be president since he would not be the best for America.
DBPDX

Pro

The United States was built on a foundation of hard work, opportunity, and conservative principals. The American Dream is that of being able to enter into the free-market economy, get paid a wage of how much you are worth to the company, taxed a small percentage of that wage, practice your values in peace, and expect protection from your enemies from the government in return. Thats how it was outlined in the constitution, thats how it should be today.

Ted Cruz supports these cherished values, and has sworn to uphold them upon receiving the highest office in the land, whereas John Kasich, Hillary Clinton, and Bernie Sanders have not, and Trump is all over the map when it comes to the issues.

Cruz is ready to stand up and fight the politicians in Washington, to give the country back to the American People, de-fund wasteful and unconstitutional programs, and make America United Again.
mangolife23

Con

Ted Cruz is worse than Donald Trump in a million ways. Because he understands what he's doing and he still does it.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...

As seen in this article^^, Ted Cruz is against same-sex marriage. And even if you are a homophobe, you still can't outlaw someone's right to be happy, no matter how weird you find it. Especially since it doesn't affect your (or Cruz's) life at all.

Ted Cruz is also anti-abortion. He is against the woman's right to control their own body, even when the thing inside their body might not even have a brain yet.

And how could we forget his disbelief in climate change? The topic that is agreed on by the majority of scientific personnel around the world. Climate change is real. You can denounce the statistics, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening. We need to think about the future and the planet we live on. Not getting more money to the corrupt oil companies.

http://www.rollingstone.com...

http://newsone.com...
DBPDX

Pro

DBPDX forfeited this round.
mangolife23

Con

I heard there was an issue with the website not working, so if that is why you forfeited the round it's ok I totally get it.
DBPDX

Pro

DBPDX forfeited this round.
mangolife23

Con

Yup ok so vote for me guys because I didn't forfeit the debate. Yay.
Posted by DBPDX 1 year ago
DBPDX
@mangolife23

Sure, lets do that.......i'll edit the debate
Posted by mangolife23 1 year ago
mangolife23
@DBPDX I would debate whether Ted Cruz should be president with you. But I think that you should not even have to be born here to be prez
Posted by NothingSpecial99 1 year ago
NothingSpecial99
@DBPDX

That was a joke. People have been joking around the internet about Ted Cruz being the Zodiac Killer. I don't actually believe it
Posted by DBPDX 1 year ago
DBPDX
Everyone happily disagrees with me, yet nobody wants to debate me...i find this deeply touching. ;)
Posted by mangolife23 1 year ago
mangolife23
Can he? Of course. Should he? Most certainly not.
Posted by DBPDX 1 year ago
DBPDX
If NothingSpecial99 would like to debate with me, all he has to do is accept.
Posted by NothingSpecial99 1 year ago
NothingSpecial99
He cannot legally run for president because everyone knows that he is the Zodiac Killer
Posted by Kilk1 1 year ago
Kilk1
*to show the view that Cruz is ineligible for president to be false.
Posted by Kilk1 1 year ago
Kilk1
Con would have to resort to conspiracy theory. You can go to snopes.com to show this to be false: http://www.snopes.com...