TEEMO877
elijonlogan

Should The Curriculum Change Often?

TEEMO877

Con

I think the curriculum should not change because the curriculum is already changing a lot and I have been doing research and I found out that If a 3rd grader in 2015 when he is in 6th grade, he would be doing a 9th grade curriculum if the curriculum kept changing at this rate. So I think that the curriculum should stop changing and should be the correct curriculum for that grade.
elijonlogan

Pro

First of all I am only part of this for debate practice (I have no opinion on this subject).

I will give an intro, for fairness of Con.

A changing curriculum is a necessary but difficult thing, to quote the title of the article Why Curriculum Change Is Difficult and Necessary(http://www.nais.org...). Kids are not really relearning things, they are repeating them to make sure they remember and to go into more detail and better concept. Change is something that happens every day, and this is just preparation for life.
TEEMO877

Con

But a changing curriculum may have some pros but I think when I say this I am saying this for all of the kids. I heard that kids are complaining that the curriculum is too hard for them. Even if change goes by every day (More like every year) how come some things go by faster then others? (Puberty) And even if kids are not relearning things why don't you just make it so that every curriculum fits that persons level and make the schools year-round so you can't lose information as easily because year-round schools almost never have a break and when you do it's only like 1-7 days and the teachers give you enough homework so you won't lose the knowledge you learned before the break.

P.S. I'm A beginner too!!! this my fist debate that I made. (But not the first where I commented or helped in A debate.)
elijonlogan

Pro

elijonlogan forfeited this round.
TEEMO877

Con

TEEMO877 forfeited this round.
elijonlogan

Pro

elijonlogan forfeited this round.
TEEMO877

Con

still Some side effects of having longer school is that the cost for the materials for all of the students costs a lot and the cost to keep the heater running all year costs too much. About $500,000 per year, that"s about an extra $250,000 than the common traditional school, and this means that the children have less time for after school activities and family time because they have no summer break, spring break,winter break, and they have to stay longer in school so they come home later.
elijonlogan

Pro

elijonlogan forfeited this round.
TEEMO877

Con

TEEMO877 forfeited this round.
elijonlogan

Pro

elijonlogan forfeited this round.