titicoco
DemocraticRepublic

Should The KKK Be Officially Abolished And Made Illegal?

DemocraticRepublic

titicoco

Pro

The KKK have been responsible for many murders and still insite racial hatred throughout the USA. I believe joining them should be made ilegal.
DemocraticRepublic

Con

I accept this argument.

I will be arguing that the KKK shouldn't be banned.
The KKK shouldn't be banned (as much as I despise them and don't support them) but banning them wouldn't be allowed and is against their freedom to protest/demonstrate and against therir freedom of speech. If you ban the KKK, then you would have to ban Neo-Nazis, fascists and other right wing organisations.
titicoco

Pro

I agree with freedom of speech but surely this is going to far. Inciting racial hatred is wrong because it could lead to murder and crime. I don't believe in banning all right wing groups as I don't object to people being right wing, I object to inciting hatred which is what the KKK do.
DemocraticRepublic

Con

I quote from your argument "I don't believe in banning all right wing groups", there are many other right wing groups that incite hatred that are right wing, in fact, there are over 784 groups[1] that promote or incite hate within the US, should we ban them all then, we might as well if we are going to ban KKK, but this would be extremely hard to enforce, you can't change someones mindset, they have the Internet at their disposal and in the same way of Islam Extremist groups do, force their ideology on young people.
I also quote from your argument "I agree with freedom of speech", well if you firmly believe in it, you would not want this group banned, people can believe what they want to believe in as long as they don't commit crimes or cause crimes and the KKK haven't committed a crime since 1981[2] and they only have between 6-10k members, showing a decline in numbers which makes them less likely to commit crimes and lowers their support.[3]

[1] "Hate Map" https://www.splcenter.org...;
[2] "Last KKK Crime" http://www.npr.org...
[3] "Ku Klux Klan in decline" http://www.slate.com...

titicoco

Pro

On This Dehate I Have Changed My Mind Partway Through It So Please Vote For CON. Im sorry about this but I feel as if I believe in what im debating for so please vote for con.
DemocraticRepublic

Con

Pro failed to make an argument and " Im sorry about this but I feel as if I believe in what im debating for" whatever that means? Vote Con.
Vote Placed by Bosoxfaninla 1 year ago
Bosoxfaninla
titicocoDemocraticRepublicTied
Reasons for voting decision: First amendment bitches! Btw don't incite that the KKK is a right wing group. Nor that right wingers are the only hateful groups out there. Unprofessional to make a statement like that.