missmokant
VinnyTomeil

Should The Lives Of Celebrities Be Off Limits To The Media

missmokant

Pro

I think the lives of celebrities should be off limits to the media because they are regular people just like you and me. It doesn't really help us if we know anything about their relationship or what they do because it doesn't really concern us at all.
VinnyTomeil

Con

I negate the idea that celebrities must be off limits from the media. First, I would just like to clarify something for this round. The question isn't if they should have the right to be off limits from the media, but if they must be off limits from the media. Therefore, you are obstructing a whole group of people from ever being present in the news simply because of the implied idea that they might want it. This is obviously a fallacy.

Also, there are many perfectly valid reasons why celebrities should not be off limits from the media. Many rely on the news to drum up their reputations and judge public opinions. This resolution directly impedes their business.

Secondly, the Bill of Rights specifically protects the right of any news organization to publish content about a person providing that it is not untrue or published specifically for the purpose of harming them.

I will not go on since I would like you to at least have the opening speech (you are Aff, after all)
missmokant

Pro

missmokant forfeited this round.
VinnyTomeil

Con

VinnyTomeil forfeited this round.
missmokant

Pro

missmokant forfeited this round.
VinnyTomeil

Con

VinnyTomeil forfeited this round.
missmokant

Pro

missmokant forfeited this round.
VinnyTomeil

Con

VinnyTomeil forfeited this round.