TheRoyalAcer
paintballvet18

Should The US Have Open Borders.

TheRoyalAcer has forfeited round #5.

TheRoyalAcer

Con

My position is that i believe that with open border the us would fall, and that if we become a nation like the EU where anyone can go to the US it would do more global harm then good.
paintballvet18

Pro

You have the burden of proof.
TheRoyalAcer

Con

The Safety of US Citizens. Crafting a system in which American authorities have no idea who is in the country is a recipe for public safety disaster.

The Threat of Terrorism. Both of our borders, are a source of Stress with regard to terror, a report from the Senate Homeland Security Committee found that the Canadian border gives easy passage into America by extremists, terrorists and criminals whose purpose clearly is to harm the American people.

Voter Fraud
As most immigrants can easily commit voting fraud a voting license is not permitted (Some States Use Driver Licences but not many)

Arguing for open borders is irrational and extraordinary, and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
paintballvet18

Pro

How does a stronger border ensure safety of US citizens?
What about non-citizens?
What about attacks that originate within the borders of the US??

Terrorism can occur from withtin. How does a stronger border stop that?

Voter fraud has nothing to do with the national border. Disregard this argument.

It's still your burden of proof. Have at it...
TheRoyalAcer

Con

1.The Spread Of Disease many illegals come from some of the poorest communities with little access to health care they may carry diseases such as scabies, TB, MRSA or staph, Which intern would cause a safety risk for Americans and about non-citizens i could careless as they do not live in the US or if they do should not be in the US, and the attacks that originate in the borders 206 Terrorists have been Non-Us Citizens and 190 are of US origin without those 206 terrorists from other nations it would make it easier for us to stop Domestic terrorists

2.Either way ignoring foreign terrorism by saying "Americans can be terrorists as well" is a stupid argument.

3. Voter Fraud has everything to do with this and by just using your argument "that it doesn't matter because it has nothing to do with national borders." is a fallacy and Stronger borders and more Quicker Deportation laws could lower Voting fraud.

4. the burden of proof is "Proving a confident and forceful statement of fact or belief." I am not confident nor am i Forceful with my claim neither of us have the burden of proof and using it as an argument is a straw man.
paintballvet18

Pro

Diseases spread regardless, so this argument is not unique to a stronger/open border, therefore can be disregarded.

My opponent fails to refute my question from Round 2 on terrorism, therefore extend that argument across the flow. I win offense on this. We might as well have open borders because closing them will not stop terrorism. Therefore, Vote Pro.

Voter fraud has to do with state borders, not the US border. This argument is also won by me, because it LITERALLY has nothing to do with open borders. Vote Pro.

--

My opponent literally has no offense in the debate, and has not provided a single unique argument that should show why we should close the border. You as the judge must default vote Pro in the debate.

Thank you
TheRoyalAcer

Con

1. Disease May spread anyway but lowering immigration and increasing border security will decrease foreing diseases that come from continents like Africa and Asia, and Europe that is the equivalent to saying "Murders happen anyway so why stop them".

2. I disregarded your argument because just because terrorism happens in the US by its own citizens doesn't mean we should ignore foreign threats.

3. Voter Fraud does have to do with open borders because if there were open borders you could easily get into the US and change the vote in your countries favor. and disregard "Vote Pro." as in is a bad thing to put and should not be put in.

4 a Debate is a Offence. and the only Arguments you have bought up are "It doesn't relate" and "Americans do it as well" and you are trying to use the argument of Burden of proof fallacy. i will also not default the argument as you have not proven to me why we should have open borders.
paintballvet18

Pro

Do you have any evidence that says closing borders reduces disease spread?
No of course not.

Your second point admits your concession. Thank your for that.

Your third point fails to refute anything, so yes, Vote Pro.

You have no offense, you have not proved why we should close the border, therefore judging defaults Pro, so Vote Pro.
Posted by TheRoyalAcer 9 months ago
TheRoyalAcer
Forgot about this.
Posted by TheRoyalAcer 10 months ago
TheRoyalAcer
Wiseupjardim you can't allow your feelings to cloud rational thought, it doesn't matter where you want to live an open border policy all over the world would cause mass poverty and "Why I need to live in the country that I was born" is not and argument for why there should be open borders just as saying "I want to feel the experience of murder" is not a argument for legalizing murder.
Posted by TheRoyalAcer 10 months ago
TheRoyalAcer
Posted by Wiseupjardim 10 months ago
Wiseupjardim
Yes, not only The US but also the whole world. Why I need to live in the country that I was born when I would have a better opportunity in other countries. One thing that could work is if the government gave a deadline like "you have two years to find a job and be stable in our country. so you can stay". The government support for foreigners is essential for the people to accept them in the society .
Posted by ghsdebate123 10 months ago
ghsdebate123
yes and no the us borders should only be open to people with a clear record with on problems in the past and we should be more striced in who we are letting in based on test and any act of suspicions
Posted by paintballvet18 10 months ago
paintballvet18
Sure, but defending the status quo (Pro) means that I can have one that is seemingly null.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 10 months ago
CosmoJarvis
Both pro and con have the responsibility to provide a burden of proof, not just con.