anna.kennedy
OsamaTheCityzen

Should The US try and make abortions easier to access and follow after the Canadian System ?

OsamaTheCityzen

anna.kennedy

Pro

Hello everybody,
I am new to debate.org and wanted to use this site as a place to get opinions from people on both sides on this argument for a school project. So I won't really be putting in an opening argument.
I won't judge but if you dont mind could you please not use the religious example as they won't help me in my project.
Thank you all very much.
OsamaTheCityzen

Con

The problem with making abortions easier (not religious reasons) is that people will abuse the system, and because fetuses are people. Many people living in the US (36%) agree that abortion should be allowed in "few" cases, but not all. In fact, if you murder a pregnant woman, you will be charged with 2 murders: one for the woman and one for the child. Why is it then, that a woman should be able to kill her own son/daughter? After 120 days, the fetus's heart starts beating, which means that it is alive. Some abortions also happen in the third trimester, when the baby is almost fully developed. It is therefore, in my opinion, not a good idea to make any abortion easier. However, I believe that it should be allowed in some cases, when there is threat on the mother's life, the baby's life, or if it is before the 120 days, when the heart is still not beating and the baby is not yet alive.
anna.kennedy

Pro

anna.kennedy forfeited this round.
OsamaTheCityzen

Con

Why did you forfeit this round?
anna.kennedy

Pro

anna.kennedy forfeited this round.
OsamaTheCityzen

Con

I look forward to countering any arguments you will make, if any, in future rounds.
anna.kennedy

Pro

anna.kennedy forfeited this round.
anna.kennedy

Pro

anna.kennedy forfeited this round.
OsamaTheCityzen

Con

I look forward to the voting.
Posted by Kirigaya-Kazuto 1 year ago
Kirigaya-Kazuto
The way this is worded it would probably be better for the forums section. Probably under health and/or politics.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
anna.kennedyOsamaTheCityzenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con. Con was also the only one who made an argument, so arguments to Con by default.