dsavage1998
finamorebarbara

Should The US. continue to allow Syrian refugees to take refuge within our Borders?

dsavage1998

Con

Should The US. continue to allow Syrian refugees to take refuge within our borders even with the threat of attack from disguised terrorists?
We need to protect ourselves before others, it is just like on planes, if something goes wrong and the plane depressurizes and you have your child(ren) next to you, you need to put your oxygen mask on yourself before you put one on your child(ren). The reason it is similar to the immigrants is because even though the chance of being attacked by disguised terrorists is small, if it was to happen, and the country was thrown into chaos, we would no longer be able to help other countries because we would have to fix the problem. So if we protect ourselves, we can protect other people. I am not saying that I am heartless towards these people, and the fact they are running from ISIS is very unfortunate, but as I said before, we must protect ourselves before we protect others and fight ISIS.
finamorebarbara

Pro

I stand in the middle with this topic, I agree with you to a certain point. The US has been the world's QRF (quick reaction forces) for years and years now. Let's put it this way, you lock your house or apartment every night before you go to sleep, if somebody came knocking on your door crying with children on their hands begging you to help them because their house just caught on fire would you do everything you can to help them out or would you just shut the door in their faces and walk away? I understand right now is a bad time to take in refugees because of recent events in Paris, but we can't let the good innocent people pay because we are refusing to go to war against the bad guys to help end this non sense.
dsavage1998

Con

dsavage1998 forfeited this round.
finamorebarbara

Pro

finamorebarbara forfeited this round.
dsavage1998

Con

dsavage1998 forfeited this round.
finamorebarbara

Pro

finamorebarbara forfeited this round.