seastar613
rudd07bogman

Should There Be Catholic Highschools?

seastar613

Pro

Catholic Highschools cause a strong knitted community with the other students and causes it to be a safe enviornment. Although it cost a fair amount of money it is worth it for the students sake. Catholic highschools provides teachers who can discipline and teach students in a great way. They provide a better education to go along with the discipline. The also have a strong Religous stand and teach it to their students. They also provide a healthy lunch and much more. Catholic highschools provide a great place to educate a student.
rudd07bogman

Con

Catholic highschools, in many people's opinion, are not at all what the general consensus agrees with. First of all, I attend a catholic high school myself, and many of your points I find invalid. You say that it is a safe environment, what about all the news of pedophilia in catholic environments, involving priests and students? How is this at all a safe, strong knitted community? Teachers at a high school are usually there because of the pay, or as a last resort, not finding jobs anywhere else. Catholic high schools have less students than public schools, and the fees are less, creating a "community" with a lesser quality of people. The religious aspect of school life is very little, if there at all, and religion class is seen as an easy lesson, a time to complete other homework that is due. This very moment, I am writing this argument while in the middle of my R.E class, showing that there is no special care provided for the education of young minds in a catholic school.
seastar613

Pro

seastar613 forfeited this round.
rudd07bogman

Con

rudd07bogman forfeited this round.
seastar613

Pro

seastar613 forfeited this round.
rudd07bogman

Con

rudd07bogman forfeited this round.
Posted by seastar613 3 years ago
seastar613
@QuestenOnTheRoad yes i agree it is the students choice im just letting people know that it is a great option i choose catholic highschool not my parents
Posted by Stalin_Mario 3 years ago
Stalin_Mario
Okay, then I won't be taking this debate.
Posted by seastar613 3 years ago
seastar613
@Stalin-Mario It is for private school
Posted by QuestenOnTheRoad 3 years ago
QuestenOnTheRoad
I believe that religious groups have the right to create their own private schools. I also believe that parents should respect whether or not their child wants a religous educations. It's up to the person in question and their family. Not the government. Freedom of/from religion all the way!
Posted by Stalin_Mario 3 years ago
Stalin_Mario
Is this for private schools or public schools?
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
Wow, great explanation. I agree with you all the way.