MasterPimpin
bnumerous

Should There Be Fun Activities for Prisoners?

MasterPimpin

Con

I believe prisoners should be treated as prisoners. I visited a prison and the prisoner said he loved it there, because he had freedom. Prison is suppose to be a place of horror. In many Caribbean islands if you were to go to jail, you probably wouldn't last a hour. Some explain why a prison has a television? This means the prisoner still has access to the outside world. I understand there are gangs in jail but its your fault as a prisoner to make your self do trouble and expect to not get in trouble. You do the crime, you pay for it. Looking at my fellow generation of kids, These kids are ages 9-19 already in juvenile more than 5 times. Some jails, I understand can be brutal , but why would there be so much freedom in a jail. Jail was made to be place not to be.
bnumerous

Pro

Hello, I accept your challenge. Now let's have some fun. Good luck.

I feel like jails shouldn't be brutal. Keeping them behind bars year after year after year without having anything to do, that place is pretty much like being surrounded by a fiery wall, and that's not the point of a prison. I don't want prisoners to have too much to do, like video games, but there can be less popular things available to do, like chess or checkers. America has excellent security, and as long as everything is secure, recreations like chess and checkers should be allowed.
MasterPimpin

Con

Thank you For the challenge.

I recently watched a video on YouTube on how a child was sent to juvenile and there was a television in the cell and the child always wanted to go back. Don't you think all this freedom will draw more attention for more people to commit crimes just to have more freedom in jail. Because while your in jail, I'm still going to work and paying taxes and paying bills, while a prisoner is watching television between the hours of 12-7pm. Don't you think that's fair.
bnumerous

Pro

You do not have more freedom in jail. There is no such thing as privacy in jail. All your conversations are heavily monitored by guards and your security is severely curtailed. So, if you're in jail with absolutely nothing to do, there's a reasonably high chance you'll want to commit suicide. And that's not the point of imprisonment! I'm not saying that prisoners need notably fun activities, but guards should grant them SOME rights, like a right to do activities like chess, lifting weights, etc. Prisons have activities that prisoners can do to kill time, and getting rid of some activities may actually be beneficial, but there has to be at least something!
MasterPimpin

Con

MasterPimpin forfeited this round.
bnumerous

Pro

Prison managers can impose certain restrictions on doing certain activities to make sure that prisoners don't have too much fun. After all, you wouldn't want to be in prison doing nothing for years and die from boredom.