MauriceEng
FestusTheFox

Should There Be More Gun Control ?

MauriceEng

Pro

Should there be more gun control ? That is one dumb question to ask ...... it should be Illegal , it is harmful and causes stress to the society as well ...... well that's because of robberies and psychiatric assaults on people with guns , you will never know when a guy with psychiatric backgrounds points a gun at you and make you do certain things that you would not be happy with , does it not make more sense that guns should only be legal in military departments for safety issues ?
FestusTheFox

Con

I do not get your argument, if you're saying gun control should be illegal while claiming that they would harm and cause "stress" to society, with the various crimes stated by you. That means you think gun control should happen, also: you forgot to state the other details, such as location, so let me state it for you.

This may apply to various areas around the world, and does not involve the executive divisions of any government. My first argument is: why on earth would any supplier sell any firearm without a background check? Secondly, are there no permits to the customer?

To your first argument, it would be best to own at least a pistol for self-defense and it is fine to own various rifles but I believe it should be used only for recreational purposes, examples include: FPSRussia's videos, target ranges and for research, like what the Mythbusters have been doing.
MauriceEng

Pro

You stated about the supplier of the gun shop would do background checks and permits ...... haven't you thought about illegal permits ? And on background checks , explain the death of John Lennon who got shot by a person with psychiatric issues , and the death of 28 students in 44 U.S school shooting in Newtown , is that how the suppliers do background checks ? By giving license to psychiatric people ? That is just not right ! That's how these problems are creating stress for the society and the goverment , and as for self defense a melee weapon would do just fine , going to a martial arts training school is what you need to ensure your safety , learn how to disarm a person , learn how to end a fight fast , and of course you have to fight smart , and learn all these things would increase your knowledge and your safety .
FestusTheFox

Con

Why would you need an illegal permit when you could have acquired fire arms illegally? Most of those deaths were done when the firearms were stolen from the original owner. I'm not saying people who are dubbed insane should even have a gun, let alone a license. You of all people should know that. Now, what if there are a group of people attacking a family? Is it not right to at least own a rifle to defend one's home? Martial arts does not ensure that you would learn everything quickly, it takes years of practice. Also, the attacker/s may find ways to twist and manipulate people in order to obtain their goal. Now, disarming people is not easy, they might carry various firearms that can be used in a far distance, such as a sniper. It's not like you could fight a bullet.
MauriceEng

Pro

MauriceEng forfeited this round.
FestusTheFox

Con

Forfeited? I'd like to sum up my arguments: I believe there should not be gun control, why? In the first place, there should always have been a background check, to insure that the customer is worthy to hold fire arms and a gun permit. To use fire arms can be used for recreational purposes and research. The use of self-defense can be used in case of emergency, when surrounded by a massive and dangerous attack. When one uses guns recklessly can be connected to theft from the owner, obviously a crime. I have a solution by teaching gun safety in all schools.
Posted by FestusTheFox 2 years ago
FestusTheFox
Unfair. No one voted
Posted by A341 2 years ago
A341
Are you for gun control? If so I would accept.
Posted by nehachopra10 2 years ago
nehachopra10
I think gun control is bad at times but what if your home and a theif breaks in your house and that u can use the gun for self defense...wouldn't u use it??