genevieve00009
straightup.gong

Should Transgender MtF be allowed to participate in Miss, Teen, and Mrs Pageants?

genevieve00009 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

genevieve00009

Con

Pageants are specifically designed for WOMEN! not MtF women.
In my opinion, if a MtF woman wants to participate in a pageant, someone that is supporting this should try and create an organization where the pageants are for MtF contestants, instead of disturbing the contestants that the pageant was made for.
straightup.gong

Pro

Transgender women are women. If they want to be in a pageant, then they should be allowed to be in a pageant. Now I personally don't agree with beauty pageants of any kind, but I'm not in any position to tell someone not to do them. Neither are you or anyone else. You see, that is someone's personal decision. I also don't see why you wouldn't want transgender women in pageants. They're women with the same rights as other women.

I am looking forward to your argument, Con.
Posted by 24hj 1 year ago
24hj
u r dum
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
Trannies are human. That argument is dumb.

If Bruce Jenner changed genders the year after he became the "greatest athlete on the planet" then he wanted to compete in the Olympics as a woman...he would crush them! It would be totally unfair. He would destroy all of those actual women with his male body. Cutting off his dick does not make him a woman. He still has that man's body. Even today he still has an old man's body.

Another analogy - What if Bruce got in a fight with a woman before he got his dick cut off? That would be cruel and abusive. What if he fought that same woman after he got his dick cut off? That would too be abusive.
Posted by civiero 1 year ago
civiero
Actually...

1.) The Olympics analogy is completely different because MtF transpeople have such a physiological advantage over cisgender women that there is a clear potential for women's events to be dominated by transpeople if permitted. Beauty pageants are completely subjective and this objection wouldn't apply.

2.) Any argument about trans people participating in the Olympics has nothing to do with whether they are "human" (see point 1).

I'd accept a challenge to debate about Olympic participation by trans athletes (at least in terms of them participating in events against cisgender athletes and not in their own category) if you're interested.
Posted by straightup.gong 1 year ago
straightup.gong
@thebenc: Transgender people should be allowed to participate in the Olympics. I don't think you understand that they're human just like everyone else.
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
This is like asking if trannies can participate in the olympics. Hell no!
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC