Baby_Grr
Jcmiamiu7

Should Transgender people be forced to use the bathroom for the gender they were born with?

Jcmiamiu7

Baby_Grr

Con

Should transgender people be forced to use the bathroom designated for the gender they were born with? This is a question that has been circulating social media for a day or two now because republicans are attempting to pass a law dictating that you are required to use the restroom designed for the gender God gave you. I believe otherwise.

To me this is a giant step backwards. I know, and am close friends with several trans people, as far as I can tell; the general populace doesn't care what bathroom you use. When you gotta go you gotta go. Yes, they've received some weird looks but no one actively questioned them or seemed overly upset by it. So why pass a legislation forcing them to urinate or defecate in a place they're not comfortable in?

Transgender people should be treated as the gender they feel is right for them, if they aren't we take away not only their basic rights as human beings, but their constitutional rights as well. At this point, if you're against trans rights, gay rights, or equal rights of any kind, you may be asking what exactly I mean. Well, have you read the constitution? It says that we have the right to life, justice and the pursue of happiness. How exactly do we expect people to have any of these things if we dont allow them equal rights, no matter the gender, assigned or reassigned? Its the same argument I would give you if this was an equal rights for gays, colored people, women and any other minority.

Put yourself in these peoples shoes; you already aren't comfortable in your own body and then when you finally begin to become comfortable thanks to modern medicine and technology you attempt to be comfortable in society and suddenly that basic right is taken away from you? How would you feel, and okay honestly people? What proof would you have that this stranger was male at birth once she finished the surgeries? Or how do you know this man was once a woman once he finished it? Would you comfortable sharing a bathroom with someone who is *physically* the opposite gender? I wouldn't. I would much rather allow them to be in the restroom they feel comfortable with than the one they ere assigned to at birth.

Once again I ask you; Should Transgender people be forced to use the bathroom for the gender they were born with? My answer is no they should not be forced to use the female restroom if they are physically male and vise versa.
Jcmiamiu7

Pro

Well this all depends on one thing. If, say, a female is physically male and no one can tell, she should have no problem using a male bathroom without anyone noticing and vise versa. But if the person cannot walk in without being identified, they shouldn't be in the bathroom.

First of all, let's clear a few things up. The constitution in no way gives anyone the right to use a bathroom of the sex that they aren't, so using it as an example is absolutely ridiculous. And by the way it actually says you have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And the pursuit of happiness does not mean anyone can do whatever makes them happy. It means you can pursue a career or path that makes you happy, unlike most places in Europe allowed at the time it was written. So none of that even applies to this argument in the first place. And being transgender and using the restroom you want is not a basic right, and that idea is laughable. Also a little thing here, women are not a minority by the way. Also, conservatives would be the better word opposed to republicans.

It sounds as if your only saying trangenders who have had a sex change, but the question addresses transgenders in general, which includes people who "identify" as the opposite sex. So I'll stick with that.

Ok I'll start my quick argument. People who get a sex change DO NOT change sex. You cannot change someone's sex. All they do is replace certain parts of your body. But it does nothing. Let's say you're a guy who gets a sex change to get a vagina. When you get aroused, you have phantom limb syndrome. It feels like you're still a guy. No matter what anyone says, you're designed with DNA to have your body, and your parts don't come interchangeable. In fact many transgenders who have had a sex change regret their decision, many switch back and over 50% at some point express a certain level of regret over the change. It changes nothing about your mind. If you think you're a girl and you're a boy, that means you have mental issues and should just live your life as a boy. Pretending to be a girl will do no good.

My argument about the bathroom is just that males are used to using male bathrooms and females the same. So if a male walks into a female bathroom, it makes most women very uncomfortable, and the same for men. Some guy with a wig who thinks he's a girl (technically transgender) cannot walk into a women's bathroom, declaring he has the right to use it. But again, if someone has a full sex change and looks the opposite sex and is just great at pretending they're the opposite sex, then they shouldn't need a law to use opposing bathrooms.
Baby_Grr

Con

Baby_Grr forfeited this round.
Jcmiamiu7

Pro

I extend my arguments
Baby_Grr

Con

Baby_Grr forfeited this round.
Posted by ProfessorPufferfloob 2 years ago
ProfessorPufferfloob
That is why we have gender designated bathrooms in the first place.
Posted by Varrack 2 years ago
Varrack
What about gender neutral bathrooms?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Baby_GrrJcmiamiu7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by ZenoCitium 2 years ago
ZenoCitium
Baby_GrrJcmiamiu7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeited by Con.