safebug
Shadow4155

Should Trolling Be Illegal?

Shadow4155
Started: 9/17/2013 Category: Technology

safebug

Pro

Trolling should be made illegal because it is mean and hurtful to good people who are trying to be good. It has taken many people's live because it has hurt their feelings about themselves so they feel like they don't have a need to live. It makes people hard work and it makes their thoughts and ideas look like garbage and nobody wants to be on the receiving end of that. Trollers should be banned because all they do is try and make themselves feel better by putting others down.
Shadow4155

Con

safebug

Pro

Do you have an argument?
Shadow4155

Con

Why trolling should NOT be illegal
Since you did not link the definition of a "troll" is, I will post it here: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Trolling should not be illegal, why? There are many reasons, for this, it is not a real crime and just people having fun.
NOT all trolling is harassment.

My opponent said " It has taken many people's live because it has hurt their feelings about themselves so they feel like they don't have a need to live."
I find that to be a rather big assumption, as not everyone thinks that and to assume EVERYONE thinks that is outrageous.

He also said "It makes people hard work and it makes their thoughts and ideas look like garbage and nobody wants to be on the receiving end of that."

Oh, heres an idea

GROW SOME TOUGHER SKIN.

Also, many sites that allow talking/communicating have a MUTE button, that you can easily apply to the "troll"

What you seem to have said in your first argument is harassment and not trolling, as they are completly different.
safebug

Pro

safebug forfeited this round.
Shadow4155

Con

My opponent has forfeit the round, I hope him luck in his future debates.

Vote me
Posted by mohammad180 3 years ago
mohammad180
shadow4155. excellent. your statement ' grow a strong skin' was really very strong. I shall vote you but my country is not registered. May be next time, Best regards.
Posted by chrxstvxn 3 years ago
chrxstvxn
Trolling should not be illegal because it is just a way for people all around the world to mess with their friends and have fun on the internet. If trolling becomes illegal, then pulling pranks should be too. Trolling is pulling pranks, just on the internet
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
safebugShadow4155Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Really depends on the extent of it, but for this vote it's an easy FF.