PandaMayne
clarkmcc

Should U.S provide Renewable forms of energy?

Started: 11/5/2013 Category: Economics

PandaMayne

Pro

Should the U.S provide Solar Energy?
clarkmcc

Con

Yes, it would be nice to have a renewable form of energy provided for us, but solar is very expensive, almost double the cost per megawatt hour as opposed to coal.

Where does the government get the money to pay for these solar panels? Tax dollars.

In order for the plan for providing solar power to work, the government would have to produce a massive amount of solar panels, that increases cost drastically.

Its not always sunny. That means that we can't totally rely on solar for all of our power. We need a source of electricity that can provide for us day AND night.

All in all, solar energy has its pros, but it also has its cons. These problems are big, including cost, efficiency, and power production. We need a major advancement in solar technology that allows higher efficiency at a lower cost before we waste money on such a project.
PandaMayne

Pro

PandaMayne forfeited this round.
clarkmcc

Con

clarkmcc forfeited this round.
PandaMayne

Pro

PandaMayne forfeited this round.
clarkmcc

Con

clarkmcc forfeited this round.
Posted by clarkmcc 3 years ago
clarkmcc
Fantastic comment! @MarkR
Posted by MarkR 3 years ago
MarkR
Here's two cents: providing electricity shouldn't ever be the governments responsibility. Why? 1) Its not in their job title; 2) they rarely do anything effectively. The only ones that will be able to accomplish such a task will be entrepreneurs joining forces with investors to bring something effective and appealing to the public.
Posted by idontexist 3 years ago
idontexist
I don't think this topic is meaningful.
If a truly viable renewable energy is available, do you think people would be against adapting it?
Today's renewable forms of energy all have their advantages and disadvantages. People adapts them when they see fit, and I don't think we should blindly force them upon people.
Besides, like LAQUAINE said, a lot of people uses solar power these days.
Posted by PandaMayne 3 years ago
PandaMayne
I just wanted some good topics for my debate bro, don't start calling me stupid cause I no one on the interwebs has any good topics for me.
Posted by LAQUAINE 3 years ago
LAQUAINE
Where have you been all these years? Do you even have an Internet connection? Do you know how many people use solar energy? Your argument is kind of... Well... Stupid.