Taylork64
RMtheNerd

Should U.S soldiers who are below the age of 21 be allowed to drink alcohol?

Taylork64

Pro

I believe that if you can go out and risk your life for our country and protect innocence, I believe they should. BUT I do understand that they can still drink and drive and get into wrecks anyway, but so can anyone else. I believe that should be one of the many privileges of being a soldier protecting your country.
RMtheNerd

Con

While I have immense respect and gratitude for those who risked their lives for our country, the law is the law. In my opinion, no one should be excused from the law or punished more for committing a crime.
"BUT I do understand that they can still drink and drive and get in wrecks anyway, but so can anyone else."
Exactly my point, ANYONE can have problems if they don't follow the law, that's kinda why it's there in the first place. Why should anyone be excused from the law? It's unconstitutional for unlawful benefits to permitted, regardless of the individual's good deeds.
Taylork64

Pro

Taylork64 forfeited this round.
RMtheNerd

Con

RMtheNerd forfeited this round.
Taylork64

Pro

Taylork64 forfeited this round.
RMtheNerd

Con

RMtheNerd forfeited this round.
Posted by RyryMase 2 years ago
RyryMase
Yes, anyone in military under 21 should be able to drink. I also believe anyone over 18 has every right to drink or consume the substance of their choice. How is it that, in this country, it's okay to put your life at risk for democracy, but not experiment with mind altering substances until a preapproved age.

How is it that death is okay but drug experimentation is taboo for most of Americans. One argument is drugs ruin lives. Well so does being dead. God forbid someone smokes some pot and snorts a line of cocaine and then realizes that maybe a 4 year degree is a better life choice than the military.
Posted by RMtheNerd 2 years ago
RMtheNerd
Though I appreciate your enthusiasm on the subject, I hope that you read the debate before voting and be as unbiased as possible.
Posted by Chang29 2 years ago
Chang29
One step further, every adult should be allowed to drink.