Adilet
Abdulazzam

Should UK end financial aid to India?

Started: 11/12/2012 Category: Economics

Adilet

Pro

hello everybody, I've just created a new debate. I would like to say thanks in advance to my opponent. I'm pro ending financial aid to India.
-max arguments 8.0000 chacters
-time to argue 3 day
-rounds 3
-voting period 1 week
1st round does not have to be acceptance
Abdulazzam

Con

My humble greetings to my fellow opponent.
I thank my opponent for not making the first round an acceptance round and I wish my opponent the best of luck for this debate. I will be arguing against the motion at hand and I plea to fellow opponent not to attack the speaker(which is me) and rather the motion(topic). However, I do note with satisfaction that the aforementioned motion is in question form, thus I take this opportunity to rephrase motion at hand because it should be a statement. So the new motion at hand is; "UK should end financial aid to India".

I will provide definitions for the debate;
Should: Used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions.
End: termination-finish-stop.
As one can see i only provided definitions for "should" and "end", because they serve as the cornerstone of this debate.
Having said this it is only right that my opponent starts of this debate by giving his/her argument on the stance taken.
Adilet

Pro

Thank you for accepting. I affirm the definitions. Therefore, as you see I'm for ending financial aid to India.
India is one of the largest country all over the world and located in South Asia. India is the seventh largest country by area, whereas the second-most populous with over 1,220,200,000 (1.22 billion) [1]... Presently as far as I know there is no need to help to India, because it seems that most people have access to work, even children work in India (child labor). To make my arguments more clear we can take as an example some working spheres, such as Bananas Production. Their output is 29,800,000 metric tons, as a result they are in a first rank of bananas production (2009). Cashew Apple Production, output is 613,000 metric tons, taking second place in a world position. India ranks 2nd position in usage of mobile phones, accounting 908,358,714 million lines (74.71% density) for 1.2 billion population as of August 2012. Moreover, according to the research India is the 3rd richest countries in the Asia. [2] Isn't it enough to say that India has enogh money to feed themselves? May be you know that India's has the fastest growing economy, therefore it is better to leave them alone. Besides Politician of the United Kingdom Justine Greening affirms that India is changing to a positive side. So, in her interview she says "Having visited India I have seen first hand the tremendous progress being made. India is successfully developing and our own bilateral relationship has to keep up with 21st century India. It's time to recognise India's changing place in the world".[3] In addition, according to the online survey 89% out 100% participants are for, while 11% participants are against. [4]

References:
[1] http://www.indiaonlinepages.com...
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3] http://money.uk.msn.com...
[4] http://www.guardian.co.uk...
Abdulazzam

Con

Abdulazzam forfeited this round.
Adilet

Pro

Adilet forfeited this round.
Abdulazzam

Con

Abdulazzam forfeited this round.