bahern
ViceRegent

Should US Corporations be allowed to outsource?

bahern
Started: 2/3/2016 Category: Economics

bahern

Con

I feel that US corporations should not be allowed to outsource. It hurts the United States economy. A domestically-based economy would provide more benefits for the United States while also allowing an increase in economic growth in other countries.
ViceRegent

Pro

So you favor slavery?
bahern

Con

How does a domestic economy resemble slavery? Do you understand what outsourcing is? Relocating your business to another country for cheaper labor and/or resources damages the US more than it benefits it . Keeping your business located in the US provides more employment opportunities
ViceRegent

Pro

A domestic economy does not. Your stealing a choice from others because you do not like that choice is slavery.

Now, can you prove your pro-slavery case?
bahern

Con

I'm not sure what choice I'm taking away but I'm not promoting slavery. I don't think you understand what outsourcing is. How about you give us your opinion with a little logic in it instead of throwing faulty slander. Here I'll help. outsourcing is when a company relocates a certain department to another country usually for cheaper labor. This contributes to the trashed economy in many third world countries.
ViceRegent

Pro

You want to take away my choice as to where I conduct my business operations. That is a form of slavery. If you want a say in my business you have to be a customer or investor. Otherwise, mind your own business and keep your slavery to yourself.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Nonsense. They have no more power than any person in the life of another through voluntary exchanges. No matter how big Walmart is, I can always say "no, thank you" to anything they offer me. But if they do, it does not follow that they need to be regulated. Regulation is just another way to say you will take away other's economic freedom to make choices you do not like, which is slavery. And no business can destroy the economy. Government can, which means your "savior" is actually you slavemaster.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Posted by bahern 1 year ago
bahern
A business does not operate as a citizen. They contain more influence and power over society therefore they must be regulated. I feel that a tax is not strict enough. If they want to be considered an American industry they should keep every aspect of their industry in America. It is not slavery. Just because you built a business does not provide you with the freedom to destroy the economy for your personal gain.
Posted by bahern 1 year ago
bahern
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
A tax which will cause inflation. Nice way to screw your own countrymen.
Posted by Sincerely_Millenial 1 year ago
Sincerely_Millenial
Rather than making it impossible for businesses to outsource their jobs, their products should receive a high import tax making American made valuables cheaper than ones made in other countries.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
You want to take away my choice as to where I conduct my business operations. That is slavery. Justify this.
Vote Placed by kkjnay 1 year ago
kkjnay
bahernViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ridiculous conduct by Pro, namely an ad hominem-centric argument.