caelin11
Samwell

Should University be free?

Started: 4/7/2015 Category: Economics

caelin11

Con

Definiton: An institution for higher learning with teaching and research facilities typically including a graduate school

No, university should not be free as there wouldn't be enough money to support buying technology and things for the school. University also needs hard workers; so people who had been working will have enough money to at least put a student loan down. Poverty in college students would increase as they wouldn't have to work to attend the university, and there would be no point in applying as anyone could go to the colleges with the right grades.
Samwell

Pro

Yes, I think free college would boost are country as a whole and increase the outcome of new scientific ideas and technology. There is a down side to free university but I believe the pros out weigh the cons. First of all free college education would cause a frenzy of people from other countries to immigrate to the U.S. Which helps are economy as well as science innovation. Second one is that more jobs will rise for the demand of high skilled workers. Final we become a country that becomes a more powerful country in a global perspective.
caelin11

Con

If we had free university, waiting lists would be a long time. Also, if it attracted immigrants, we may be at risk for more terrorist attacks.
Samwell

Pro

With the TSA and NSA I doubt there would be much terrorist attacks. Especially if we draw in all the intelligent people in the terrorist countries so they would lose the ability to create efficient terrorist attacks. If the government expands their budget to construct colleges or build onto them and to make this possible we would need to cut down the budget on welfare.
caelin11

Con

Intelligent people are incredibly good at planning terrorist attacks. National Finances would decrease, causing a raise in taxes.
Samwell

Pro

Raise in taxes wouldn't be a problem at least students going to college will not be deep in debt as many are now. Yes intelligent people are incredibly good at planning terrorist attacks and I believed I answered that in round 2.
Posted by Samwell 2 years ago
Samwell
Sorry for spelling I just want to share my opinion. I don't really care for spelling.
Posted by Nivek 2 years ago
Nivek
No, guys Its not about free stuff. Its about them delaying the fvck out of admission decisions. I still can't believe that I'm "Waitlisted" After waiting for 2 months. Screw any and all admission officers.
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
Our* not out (oh the irony :P)
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
Do you not know how to spell out? And why the Americo-centricness?