Should Walrus be the World Animal?

This is one of the greatest ideas that I have had. Of course the Walrus should represent our great world, and do so with pride. If you are brave enough to stand up against this you will be tusked down.

I will accept this challenge. I find it completely ridiculous that you think of the walrus as our world animal.

Well, KingAwesome, prepare to be informed. A walrus is the spawn of Jesus. No animal can even compare to the majestic beast. I don't know why it doesn't already represent our world. I know that if everyone really thought about this they would agree. Why were we sending chimps into space when we could have sent a walrus? Walruses are natural born spelunkers and deserve the royal treatment. You know that you secretly want a pet walrus, and you will not be judged for it. The feeling are normal for every human being. They say that the sun can not look away from the walrus, so they had to move far into desolate regions away from all other beings. This has given them much time to meditate on their powers. You will learn to love this idea I have presented, since you are not given much of a choice. I will await your answer in silence.

Your arguments show that you truly know almost nothing about walruses. When you challenged me, you didn't know that I am the most renowned walrus scholar in the world. Yes, I did in fact read a Wikipedia article earlier today, and what I found shocks me.

The first reason we should not allow walruses to be our world animal is because they are simply disgusting creatures. They spend their entire lives looking for their favorite food: mollusks. When they aren't eating, they can usually be found making sweet love in the freezing waters of the arctic. That is just downright disturbing. Statistics show that 99% of people do not want to see this, the other 1% are FREAKS. I think that this aspect of their lives alone makes them unfit to be our world animal.

(Now, I know that one of your arguments will be that creatures must reproduce to carry on as a species. i will concede that that is absolutely true, but until walruses evolve to the point where they can "get a room", I think that they should be forced to stick to adoption.)

Before I proceed with my second point, I want to ask you this: what is the literaly biggest problem we have in the world today? The correct answer is obesity. Think of all the people that are grotesquely overweight here in the United States. Do you think that they are happy about this? NO! Now think about walruses, which normally weigh in at around 4000 pounds. If we make this creature our world animal, children will look up to them their entire lives. Is there any animal that better embodies the problem of obesity? No. Having the walrus as our world animal will only cause our citizens to be encouraged towards being overweight, and we can't allow this to happen.

You make them sound like such disgusting creatures. Have you ever thought about how disgusting Humans are? We do some unspeakable things. What you are failing to understand is that a Walrus makes "Sweet Love" for the purpose of reproductions when Humans just enjoy it. Now about their weight. Walrus symbolize that weight is not correlated to beauty. Their diet is also not a distraught as you make it sound. Whatever animal that you may envision as the world animal would be completely stupid. A walrus was meant to be the world animal and you know it!

I agree with your statement that walruses represent that weight have no correlation to beauty. They're obese and hideous creatures, but that doesn't mean that these two qualities are related.

As to the the matter of reproduction: for the most part, humans do their business in private. The bottom line is that if I ever went to the arctic, I wouldn't want my view of the serene, untouched landscape to be polluted by the sight of two very large mammals "doing the dirty." That's disgusting. If I was a walrus, I would be ashamed with myself!

Now I would like to mae my proposal as to what I believe the world animal should be. Whatever the creature chosen is, I believe that it should be one that is admirable in nearly every way. It needs to be an intelligent animal that is pleasant to the eye and spends its days not sitting around and eating, but working hard. I think that the animal that best embodies these qualities is the zonkey. This majestic animal is the product of a male zebra and a female donkey. You don't have to worry about seeing these majestic animals reproduce, as they are hybrids and do not have the ability to do so. Zonkeys have the endurance and tenacity of a donkey and the speed and determination of a zebra. This makes them great animals for getting things done. Not to mention they are beautiful. It is hard to describe the elegance of a donkey with zebra stripes.

Now that you have seen the light of the glorious zonkey, I think that we can both agree that this should be our world animal. Thank you for challenging me to this debate, it has been entertaining. Until next time, LONG LIVE THE GREAT AND POWERFUL ZONKEY!
Posted by Jobbo56 3 years ago
Wouldn't it be logical that humans be represented as the official animal of the world?
Posted by TN05 3 years ago
I am the Walrus
Vote Placed by jordansshuler 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Napoleon Dynamite. The Liger should be the World Animal if we had one.
Vote Placed by Napoleon_Dynamite_915 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Ligers should be the animal of the world.