Eclipse_Chess
KalleAnka123

Should We Explore the 7 new planets?

Eclipse_Chess has forfeited round #3.

Eclipse_Chess

Pro

I believe We should explore the seven new planets that NASA found out in 2017 Feb 24
So we can learn new stuff and have a back up planet
KalleAnka123

Con

You do realise they are 40 light years away? That is almost equal to travelling around the earth's equator 9,5 billion times. Why waste time on something that is beyond impossible at the moment when we have a 'spare planet' right next to us? Mars is WAAAAY closer and can be terraformed to work for humans.
Eclipse_Chess

Pro

its because we want new places just in case our earth explodes from extienction plus we want to learn new things that we've been wondering like is there aliens. Or maybe it can help solve some of our earth problems
KalleAnka123

Con

As I said, it is technologically impossible to get there. We couldn't even send a small rock there at the moment. There is no way whatsoever to get there in my lifetime (I'm 19). Period. Why even waste brain power on something that won't happen to you, your children or your grandchildren.

First, you have to invent a new propulsion system which is incredibly fast and consumes very little fuel. I'm talking about something at least 1/10 of light speed.

Second, you should probably get some experience colonising planets (Mars)

Third, invent some way to either put humans in hyper-sleep OR invent a way to transfer human brains into computers/robots.

Fourth, a load of problems a stupid person such as myself can't think of.

Unless you happen to have these things in your garage, it won't be happening anytime soon. If you want to explore planets, I'd recommend Mars.